PDA

View Full Version : can aim at farms?

pyrocryo
12-26-2004, 16:49
Since I don't like farms (especially well developed farms) during sieges I want to target them, but can't find it. Although I think aiming at buildings will damage farmlands (don't know if it is true)
So, is there any Legate out there that know where the hell is the farmlands so i can use my onagers to burn it down?

KiOwA
12-26-2004, 17:25
First of all, farms are located outside the city walls. And, no, you can't burn 'em down with your onagers, or with anything for that matter.

King_Etzel
12-26-2004, 17:31
...Although I think aiming at buildings will damage farmlands (don't know if it is true)...

Umm sorry it isnt. I doubt farm improvements are represented by any sort of building in any map, not just siege. I mean, how to you show "Land Clearance"? Maybe if you burn some trees down during a battle somewhere in the wild, you might get free land clearance. ~;)

but i remember seeing some farm lands before, if that is what you want to know. That was somewhere in Greece. I was trying out to see how powerful the cheat elephants are (just for fun: i didnt save that). Some Macedonians were hiding out in a ripe wheat field. They burned one of my Yubtesb elephants and the rest ran away. ~;)

But seriously, farm improvements are permanent. I assume they represent the technological level of farming in the region. So, unless your onagers are packing a load of tactical nukes, it should be impossible. ~;)

jimmyM
12-27-2004, 00:29
...leave your army in the enemy territory, several thousand guys in the army will take scrumping to a truly industrial level - both creating an unsightly black area on the tactical map, and hitting agricultural production (quite) hard - all for no battle! as the damn a.i. probably'll bunker up in the nearest town, dreaming it's pointless silicone-based dreams of useless tactical manoevres and dodgy diplomacy...or possibly not

Oaty
12-27-2004, 01:29
If you have a major revolt you have the possibilty of having the farmland damaged.

KiOwA
12-27-2004, 12:15
It's a bit extreme to use revolts as a means of disabling farmlands, I must say. Not that anyone has tried it yet...?

Paul Peru
12-27-2004, 14:37
I mean, how to you show "Land Clearance"? Maybe if you burn some trees down during a battle somewhere in the wild, you might get free land clearance. ~;)
My Forrester Warband destroy your so-called "Land Clearance", eh?
Plant saplings all over place, so soon you see not forest for trees, and Clearing no way!! Yes indeed I tell you so, already!

Didz
12-27-2004, 15:15
Farm upgrades appear as features on the open battlefield.

In heavily farmed area's you will find your troops marching through chest high wheat fields and past neat little farmhouses.

Whether you can target these is not so certain as I have never tried. In theory flaming onager ought to be able to set fire to wheatfields and knock down farm buildings but I've never seen it happen and I suspect it isn't possible.

Ar7
12-27-2004, 15:50
I once auto-resolved a siege and both the farm and the roads were damaged, so it is possible to destroy them, the question is how? I just don't understand why would somebody want to do that?

Arrowhead
12-27-2004, 20:54
[QUOTE]But seriously, farm improvements are permanent. I assume they represent the technological level of farming in the region. So, unless your onagers are packing a load of tactical nukes, it should be impossible. NNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
Who needs onagers! Use archers with arrow for mini nukes!