PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of ancillaries

KiOwA
12-27-2004, 12:05
I'm sick and tired of historians, geographers, runners, etc appearing on all my governers. Governers should have the ability to dispose of retinue members, so long as they are in a town. There are only so many old/useless family members to absorb all the less important ancillaries.

dedmoroz
12-27-2004, 12:20
I agree.
i also think that retinues should be an independent agent on the strategic map whom you can move from town to town, between family members, bribe, assasinate etc.
this will add a great strategic depth to the game, much like it was in MTW when you droped spy on general just to discover his bad habits.

js1114
12-27-2004, 13:25
I thought retinues can be transferred between two generals for any many times you want. As long as your generals are in the same troop. ~;)

Paul Peru
12-27-2004, 14:25
I'm sick and tired of historians, geographers, runners
If you come on over to my stack, you can have some lovely Slubberdywhatsits. They are ever so nice.

KiOwA
12-27-2004, 15:32
Not to mention those darn Drunken Uncles... and to make things worse, some 'named' ancillaries who are supposed to be better than the average philosopher actually have lousy stats. Like Aristocles (spelling?) who has +1 to public health and +20 to build siege equipment. +20 to siege equipment?? In a town? WTF?

Ar7
12-27-2004, 15:52
Why would you want to move them, even if they are bad they still make characters different and give them a little more personality, this ends up improving the game experience for *shrugs*

King_Etzel
12-27-2004, 16:58
after a while, when your empire gets somewhat bigger, and you have lots of generals running around, you eventually stop caring about ancillaries. They arent worth the bother, trust me. I played the Scipii and my generals were always separated by many long leagues, so its just a waste of your generals moving them around just to exchange ancillaries. They are of much more use near the front and there they stay till old age claims them. I might mourn the occasional passing of a super general with some nice retinue members but i forget it soon after. Many more where those came from.

Sam Adams
12-28-2004, 23:02
I keep most of my family members in or near my capitol. From this pool I gather the best ancillaries for governors for my main cities or for generals. The only really important one is to make sure generals have a doctor attached.