PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Ceres and Family Fertility

Kull
12-27-2004, 20:14
In the same way that Bacchus has "drinks-too-much" effects on Governors, Temple of Ceres always gives your governors the "fertility" trait. I routinely station family members in a city with this temple (doesn't work with the shrine, or at least not as quickly) and as a result have a huge, ever-burgeoning family. It's now 240 BC and this translates into one new baby born every turn - and sometimes three!

I keep hearing that there's a one-for-one linkage between provinces owned and family members, but I'm not sure that's the case. In my current game (27 provinces at the moment), total family members number 45 (not counting dead people and spouses) of whom 20 are active generals. Only two of these are 50+ years old, and there's a big wave of kids about to enter service.

KiOwA
12-28-2004, 03:45
I'm pretty sure the family member limit applies only to those who are over 16. Kids are not counted as family members yet, so if somehow your current family lives to be very old, you could theoretially exceed the limit

Slaists
12-29-2004, 00:30
Well, as Julii, you start with more family members than the provinces owned (4 mature family members for two provinces to be exact).