PDA

View Full Version : Battle speed

djsway
12-28-2004, 19:12
When I go into the battle map, as soon as the AI starts attacking the soldiers move like 10x faster, it really sucks cause I can't enjoy the battle and it ends within like 2 minutes. ~:handball:

Proletariat
12-29-2004, 06:39
When I go into the battle map, as soon as the AI starts attacking the soldiers move like 10x faster, it really sucks cause I can't enjoy the battle and it ends within like 2 minutes. ~:handball:

Odd. I usually have to speed up the approaching of the battle lines and certainly the after-battle-dog hunt. I know you're speaking of the battle itself, but still strange to me, anyhow. I've seen some other people complain about this, though. Check out the modding forums. I'm pretty sure there are some fixes for melee speeds.

Sam Adams
12-29-2004, 08:21
I had this problem. I finally fixed it by resetting some video card driver options. It was really annoying and I changed a bunch of things so I cant tell you exactly what I did.

Didz
12-29-2004, 11:15
As far as I can see there are two compounding errors in the way movement is handled in RTW.

1) The relative running/charging movement rates between horses/camels/elephants and men doesn't see correct. Certain classes of foot soldier seem to be able to run as fast as horses.

2) The affect of fatigue seems to have been either ignored or grossly under stated allowing men and animals to run huge distances in full kit.

If fatigue was properly applied then running would have to be limited to the final moments of a charge both for cavalry and infantry and so the relative speeds would be less noticable.

However, as it is with troops able to run almost continuously the fact that infantry can outpace cavalry becomes even more absurd.

djsway
12-29-2004, 20:02
As far as I can see there are two compounding errors in the way movement is handled in RTW.

1) The relative running/charging movement rates between horses/camels/elephants and men doesn't see correct. Certain classes of foot soldier seem to be able to run as fast as horses.

2) The affect of fatigue seems to have been either ignored or grossly under stated allowing men and animals to run huge distances in full kit.

If fatigue was properly applied then running would have to be limited to the final moments of a charge both for cavalry and infantry and so the relative speeds would be less noticable.

However, as it is with troops able to run almost continuously the fact that infantry can outpace cavalry becomes even more absurd.

Yet another bug to fix. ~:handball: