PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...can you play as senate?

The_678
12-28-2004, 20:26
I know you can mod them to be playable but does the game go all buggy if you do? or CTD or something? Just thought of it and curious to see if anyones done it.

The_678
12-28-2004, 20:32
Instead of waiting for an answer I decided to just try it out. I got into the game successfully and when I looked at the victory conditions it said I had to hold 0 provinces and destroy/outlast all the factions. Then I pushed the Senate tab and got a CTD. So i don't think they are really too playable.

Medieval Assassin
12-28-2004, 20:44
It's not "buggy" if it was never meant to be.

Lichgod
12-29-2004, 02:42
I played as the Senate using RTR mod 3.x and found it very challenging. Dont know if you can win, as you state. Also, they could not build temples. I had to keep garisons maxed and use good leaders for my big cities. I did not finish, got to the point where I was the biggest and richest faction. Going to move on to RTR mod 4.1 now. See how it goes there.

Mikeus Caesar
12-29-2004, 14:16
They are perfectly playable, just don't click on senate offices tab and some other senate tab. It's quite fun, because you can choose to start the civil war whenever you like, and when you start it, you have the advantage, because you have more advanced troops like principes and triarii.