PDA

View Full Version : very large scale???

Mudshovel
12-29-2004, 04:58
mmm , i think one of the few errors on the making of this game was the big chnage of large scale and huge scale , i thin that must be added a very large scale on a patch! , like mtw , for example . very large scale can have 3/4 men of a huge army , what do you thing??? i think that this option sucks! :furious3: (well only for the players like me that doesnt have a supermachine and we need to play huge battles , men with pikes foots (very low detail). ~:handball:

Didz
12-29-2004, 11:22
Having played my first campaign on the standard unit scale setting and my latest one on huge I have to say that in my opinion the game must be intended to be played on Huge as many of the features I considered pointless in my first campaign suddenly become vital when the Huge scale is used.

This is really wrong and by rights the game ought to provide the same playing expereince regardless of the unit scale chosen, as its really not fair on those whose machines can't cope with the graphic's needed for the huge units.

For one thing the City populations and growth rate ought to be reduced to correspond to the unit scale as the de-population of cities by recruitment makes a big difference in the way the game is played.

Oaty
12-29-2004, 23:03
Having played my first campaign on the standard unit scale setting and my latest one on huge I have to say that in my opinion the game must be intended to be played on Huge as many of the features I considered pointless in my first campaign suddenly become vital when the Huge scale is used

That's debatable and only the developers know for sure. My feeling is that they were shooting for large units to be normal size but were forced to make 40 man unit sizes normal so that it would match the minumum requirements stated on the box.

And the main reason is that a Roman unit typically did have 80 men in a unit and this game is based around Rome.

Well Mudshovel it is unfortanate but you only have 1 solution that I can think of. Edit every single units size so that when on huge settings you get the desired results. There is another solution and that is tweaking your PC but that may not help enough.

The real error IMO would be the fact I can't field 50,000 men but I think I'll have to keep dreaming until 2010-2015.

Didz
12-30-2004, 00:32
The real crunch will come when and if they attempt to produce Napoleon Total War becuase that simply won't work unless you can field large armies with highly populated units.

The real issue then will become command and control. Its one one thing to be phaffing about with groups in a relatively small ancient army but that system just won't cope with a battle the size of Borodino or Liepzig.