PDA

View Full Version : Just how warmongering are the Romans?

th3freakie
12-29-2004, 14:38
As Carthage you obviously get pounded by Scipii early on, no surprise, but shouldn't there be a break in that?

I mean, Sicily is taken, 3 atempts at retaking it from me have failed... shouldn't they accept peace, even if only to rebuild armies and get more generals? They only have 1 city left!

(so... is short - can you make peace with the Romans?)

Also, if you can't, will the extermination of the Scipii faction stop the Senate from giving anyone "anti-me" missions?
Or if I take Rome, thus ending the senate rule, and then allow it to rebel, will the roman factions end their alliance and act as any other faction? Maybe... fight eachother for the control of Rome and leave me alone? ~D

Dutch_guy
12-29-2004, 19:43
I think that you should just wipe out the Scipii faction, they won't stop attacking you ( well at least on my Carthage camp. ) and peace i never managed to get, bot even a ceasfire.
however if you manage to take Messina (?) and defend it against the Scipii ( and even the Brutii ) you will be fin e.
takingn Capua won't even be a must any more, i don't know for shure but i think the ''anti-you'' missions will probably stop once you desroy the Scipii.
:charge:
about the last thing you wrote ( the romans ending alliance and al ) I don't think that will happiong. in every campain I played they never broke the alliance they had, very frustrating... :furious3:

Spartiate
12-29-2004, 23:36
Playing as Carthage i fought i horrible little war of attrition against the scipii on Sicily.It really eats up the cash and prevents you from holding onto Corduba and Caralis(didnt even try).I find if you concentrate on conquering Sicily and tehn getting an army onto the Italian Peninsula it tends to focus the Roman concentration there rather than picking you off piece-meal.In other words take the fight to them because if you sit back and try to consolidate they will destroy you in no time.Strong alliances with Egypt,Greece and Spain come in handy at this time.