PDA

View Full Version : Plagued Admirals

R3dD0g
12-30-2004, 02:58
I've read here that there is a bug that prevents an admiral with plague from ever recovering and that any units embarked on his fleet will be plagued, too.

What I want to know is whether I can kill off that sick SOB :furious3: He's the admiral of my best fleet, my only Trireme fleet :help: And his sickness is hitting the ships of the fleet for about 4 men each turn. I'm scared ~:eek: to return the fleet to a dock for retraining because I don't want to infect the town.

How can I kill off that sick admiral? If I scuttle the leftmost ship on the display is that his?

R3dD0g
12-30-2004, 04:52
Well, it doesn't matter now because the sick old SOB has died.

But, I had to use the fleet for a Senate mission and embarked an army on it and now the army is infected and the new admiral will probably be infected soon.

When is the GD patch coming out?

If there was some other game out there besides all the stupid FPS I'd be off this thing so quick it'd make your head spin.

R3dD0g
12-30-2004, 07:08
Since nobody came to my aid, I was force to ditch everyone of the units in my fleet.

Thanks for the help.

HopAlongBunny
12-30-2004, 07:26
Unfortunately that's often the only option.

Sometimes I just split the fleet and keep hitting the "Death Stalks the Land" notice until it points out the infected fleet. Not an option if you are surrounded by enemies anyhow; might as well let them hang together than hang alone.

Proletariat
12-30-2004, 09:35
I'm scared ~:eek: to return the fleet to a dock for retraining because I don't want to infect the town.

You could've at least tried this after quick saving. ~:eek:

Gerle
12-30-2004, 10:13
Since nobody came to my aid, I was force to ditch everyone of the units in my fleet.

Thanks for the help.

You weren't forced to do anything, this is an entirely voluntary endeavor, you know. Anyway, you waited all of what, four hours and ten minutes for help before you decided to get snotty with everyone for not helping you? Great way of ensuring you get help in the future...

The_Emperor
12-30-2004, 11:33
Yes, plagued admirals do not recover.

When an admiral dies of the plague, his replacement also contracts it... As such any fleets that have the Plague must NEVER be used again (except by Spies you want to use as Plaguebearers to infect your enemies).

I'm sorry to say but an infected fleet needs to be destroyed by the enemy or disbanded at a port...

There is no other way.