dclare4
12-30-2004, 12:39
Soon...

discovery1
12-31-2004, 05:13
Explain?

soibean
12-31-2004, 06:26
The White Anglo Saxon Protestant is coming?

dclare4
01-04-2005, 14:06
Well not exactly THAT W.A.S.P.

Suffice to say at this moment its a very colorful but also very neglected historical period that I think deserves more 'game time'.

Happy New Year and watch out for the WASP!
Clare

Zanderpants
01-04-2005, 22:14
wtf? :dizzy2:

Rosacrux redux
01-05-2005, 16:16
Willing
And
Ssexy
Pootang

...perhaps?

NagatsukaShumi
01-05-2005, 20:05
War Against Spam Posts?

Big_John
01-05-2005, 20:47
this is t3h best thread EVAR!

Myrddraal
01-05-2005, 20:54
What
A
Strange

Zanderpants
01-05-2005, 21:16
While
Almonds
Sing
Polka

dclare4
01-06-2005, 06:42
Darn I didn't even think of all those meanings before hehehe! Well, your guesses are pretty good actually and there are elements of all of them in the mod - Polka, Willing and Sexy and of course the White Anglo-Saxons ;)

Hopefully first screenshots in two weeks (if I can figure out how to post screenshots)!

Cheers,
Clare

Sundjata Keita
01-06-2005, 17:51
West
African
Songhai
Period

Host your images on www.imageshack.us

Zanderpants
01-07-2005, 06:55
lol, nice one Sunjata Keita!

dclare4
01-07-2005, 11:39
Thanks Sundjata Keita :-)

First screenshots up next week (maybe even this weekend)!

Cheers,
Clare

chef4fun2
01-07-2005, 11:48
Looks like we wont find out till the screenshot comes out ~:confused:

Besieger
01-07-2005, 12:12
We
All
Sux
P...y

hahaha...sorry cant help ~:joker:

dclare4
01-10-2005, 12:10
Well... okay if you couldn't help it ;)

I'm restructuring the maps and factions due to some unforeseen problems but nothing too big to fix. Will have a map pic with some nice screenies of the strategic map units by the end of the week!

Clare

dclare4
01-10-2005, 12:30
Would anyone know anything of the development/uniforms of Polish cavalry following the Sobieski period? There's lots to be said about the Winged Hussars and the Polish Lancers and Vistula Lancers but aside from their participation in the American revolution I've not been able to find any info about the state of Polish cavalry or military for that matter.

Thanks very much!
Clare

Big_John
01-10-2005, 20:28
Well... okay if you couldn't help it ;)oh I can help it.. if you know what i mean.. :kiss2: (no, i don't know what i mean either :no:)

anyway, about the polish cavalry stuff.. you might want to ask in the EB forum, i'm sure there's some freak in there that knows more about it than anyone could possibly want to know..

Bulten
01-14-2005, 16:52
W***
A***,
S***
P****

lol that one sucked really bad =)

Edited by Myrddraal: Come on... That wasn't necessary

Iron-Chef
01-15-2005, 02:19
W et
A nd
S exy
DAMNIT, cant think of something for P........ heh!

dclare4
01-16-2005, 05:50
Let's remove a little bit of the mystery though those are all good albeit somewhat similar answers (what does that indicate I wonder?) -

First screenshot as promised:

The new map:

http://img40.exs.cx/img40/371/firstnewminimap2gf.jpg

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

Zanderpants
01-16-2005, 09:36
Looks intriguing. This is starting to piss me off though. I'm an impatient kinda guy though ~D .

Without
Anuses
Snakes
Perish

dclare4
01-17-2005, 07:34
Good things come to those who wait ;)

Don't know how exactly I'll fit the snakes in here...

Suffice to say map is pretty much done as you can see and I'm now working on some units and the stratmap figures. Some stratmap figs are actually done but will reserve posting till more are ready.

In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for historically minded people who have knowledge on the ff kingdoms:

Poland
Venice
Genoa
Barbary States
Ottoman Empire
Papal States

Once I can find those I think I will be ready to reveal WASP.

Cheers,
Clare

cegorach
01-17-2005, 10:46
Tell me what you need and I will see if I can help you.

My e-mail cegorach77@o2.pl

BTW - I am from P&M TW team ~D

RedSilver
01-18-2005, 00:16
Where
Are
Steve's
Pants

~D

-----| :duel: |-------

The_Doctor
01-18-2005, 12:43
War
of
Austrian
Succession
and
Prussia

eadingas
01-18-2005, 13:06
Now, a mod with these initials that I'd like to see would be: Waldens & Albigens Struggle (against) Papacy :)

Judging from your faction list and map, though, are you sure this period is not covered by Citadel, Pike&Muskets, or Napoleonic Wars? The only slot that's left is XVIIIth century...

dclare4
01-19-2005, 04:40
haha okay great guess there! You got me :) Yes it's the:

War of
Austrian
Succession
Period

(I knew you guys would get it if I showed the map)

Congratulations I owe you an early development screenshot!

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/7338/newsaxonuhlanearly9ma.jpg

or two!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=673727&posted=1#post673727

Okay, now that you guys figured it out I'll post the 'mission statement' or whatever you call it, summary of the mod next time I'm online!

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
01-19-2005, 04:43
http://img50.exs.cx/img50/7338/newsaxonuhlanearly9ma.jpg

Oops Sorry please fix that error some nice someone! (Moderators?)

Thanks,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
01-19-2005, 04:46
Darnit! Wrong page link too!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=30865&page=3&pp=30

Sorry about that again,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
01-19-2005, 04:59
Hi Cegorach1,

Actually I've been kinda holding back asking because I didn't want to give away the initials but now that it's been guessed... I'm looking for info on Poland during the period between the GNW and the partitions particularly their military. In games like Cossacks they have reference to Polish dragoons or Polish Grenadiers (w/c look very natty btw) but I have yet to see the documentary evidence for such units. One hears so much about the Polish hussaria during the Sobieski period and the Polish Lancers during the Napoleonic period but virtually nothing during the period in between so its a bit frustrating. Poland is a very important part of the mod w/c actually starts with the Polish succession - everyone wants to take Poland.

Darn does that mean everyone will stop guessing? Maybe I can come up with another mysterious acronym hehehe!

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

eadingas
01-19-2005, 09:26
That's because polish military was virtually non existant at that point :) The wars were fought in Polish territory, but not really by Polish army. That was a time of steady decline, which ended in partitions... though you might want to investigate into Kosciuszko's insurgents army for some nice rebels, if your time period extends that far ;)

cegorach
01-19-2005, 10:45
That's because polish military was virtually non existant at that point :) The wars were fought in Polish territory, but not really by Polish army. That was a time of steady decline, which ended in partitions... though you might want to investigate into Kosciuszko's insurgents army for some nice rebels, if your time period extends that far ;)

Yes it was the worst time in polish military, but in game it would be possible to change it ~D

cegorach
01-19-2005, 10:55
Hi Cegorach1,

Actually I've been kinda holding back asking because I didn't want to give away the initials but now that it's been guessed... I'm looking for info on Poland during the period between the GNW and the partitions particularly their military.

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

I was preparing something similar at someones else's request so I can find something for you as well. Should be quite easy, in my opinion.

Send me what do you actually need ( PM or e-mail) and I will do my best.

I am actually preparing similar info fot the NTW2.
BTW - recently I was chosen 'the history buff' of the Lords forum, so I think you can be sure that you will get something useful ~;)

My regards Cegorach :bow:

P.S. I thought it is the war of austrian succession, but I couldn't figure out what this 'P' really means. ~:confused:

SwordsMaster
01-19-2005, 11:50
Austrian succession? I thought it would be more lke Spanish succession....

Ah, you never know...

BTW, if you need info on Spain or Peter the Great´s russia, I might be able to give you a hand.

dclare4
01-20-2005, 10:18
"Yes it was the worst time in polish military, but in game it would be possible to change it "

Exactly my thoughts! Should be a nearly impossible task like it was historically but I'd like to give Poland the chance to determine her own destiny independent of the Saxons, Russians and Austrians (oh and French).

Right now I'm compiling info on the entire era (ambitious yeah) but I'd like to make it detailed and to capture the spirit of the age without getting, well, boring.

Sure I'd love to get more info on Russia and Spain as right now I'm more familiar with the western states, particularly France and Britain (they got the most info on the period out there) and also because this is a bit of a segue from the Jacobite Rising mod in MTW (the Jacobites are included here too never fear!)

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
01-20-2005, 10:19
What is WASP?

WASP actually stands for the War of Austrian Succession Period, though that's not entirely accurate as the mod stretches from the War of Polish Succession in 1733 to just before the American Revolution, ending in 1773. Technically it covers what is colloquially known as the Lace-Wars period as the armies were stylishly dressed in coats with heavy amounts of lace, but I felt that Lace Total Wars would conjure up images of Victoria secret models battling for Europe while Enlightenment Total War would be mistaken for Entertainment Tonight Weekly or something and WASP had a definite 'sting' to it, so WASP it is.

Why the WASP?

The three wars represented by the period - the War of Polish Succession, the War of Austrian Succession and the Seven Years War - are to their time period what the Russo-Japanese War, World War 1 and World War 2 are to ours. Indeed no less than Winston Churchill called the Seven Years War, 'The First World War' in his History of the English Speaking Peoples, for the war did indeed span the globe as English and French interests clashed in North America and Asia. The War of Austrian Succession also saw fighting between Spain and England (the War of Jenkins' Ear) in Georgia, Florida and Cuba while in Canada the North American colonials captured the key fortress of Louisberg.

The period saw great advances in science, the arts and philosophy and these I aim to capture in the mod through striving toward the 'Industrial Revolution' which will give you access to 'futuristic' (ie.19th Century) troops and weaponry (elite rifle battalions, advanced light infantry tactics, shrapnel, staff college, industrialization) but at the risk of upsetting the delicate balance of ruler and ruled (as more people became 'aware' or educated there's growing discontent at the rule of despots, enlightened or not) so you are forced to walk a tightrope between advancing to the future and maintaining the harmony of your realm. Of course these advances also give you better ancilliaries and more wealth - for instance, improving your Banking houses gives you 'National Debt' in the form of extra money but at dire cost to happiness, while building Theaters, Operas, Salons and the like will attract better quality spies, diplomats and courtesans (and even soldiers of fortune) but threaten to increase squalor through degeneration of public morals. And so on...

I wanted to be as accurate to each nation/faction as I could and the faction listing changed many times over the last few months. I could see though that the ultimate objective of the European wars of the time was maintaining the balance of power while jockeying for a more advantageous position (all states are equal but some are more equal than others) but since (or until) specific non-conquest goals are included in RTW the primary objective is the conquest of the Holy Roman Empire (played by the SPQR Senate Faction) specifically Vienna and the three ecclesiastical states that were 'Archchancellors' for Germany, Italy and Gaul - Mainz, Trier and Cologne - as these states can only raise local defense forces and are stronger diplomatically than militarily it is primarily the Hungarian-Bohemian (Brutii) player's responsibility to protect them and while military conquest is an option, diplomatic conquest is also a possibility (if possible a script to be written that will automatically 'give' the HRE/Senate faction lands, characters and forces to the Imperial Faction - Hanover/Julii, Hungary/Brutii, Bavaria/Scipii - that can defeat the other two).

Development is divided into EARLY, CONTEMPORARY and LATE as well as ADVANCED. EARLY represents the technology and military of the early and previous century such as Pikemen, Caracole Cavalry and matchlock armed Infantry. CONTEMPORARY represents the state of development during the time of the Polish and Austrian Succession Wars, with trotting cavalry, socket bayonets on flintlocks and mitre-hatted grenadiers. LATE represents the advances and reforms made following the Austrian Succession, particularly in Great Britain, France and Prussia, which saw greater use and discipline of light forces and skirmishers, better disciplined troops and bearskin-hatted grenadiers. ADVANCED takes uniforms, arms and technology into the Revolutionary period with some Napoleonic developments such as shrapnel, widespread and more effective riflemen, steam power, bicorne hats and even BIGGER bearskins.

Original RTW New WASP Mod Definitions

ROMAN FACTIONS IMPERIAL FACTIONS - Belonging to the Holy Roman Empire

Senate/SPQR Heilige Römische Reich
- The minor, Archchancellery and ecclesiastical states plus Vienna.

Julii Hanoverian Britain
- British, Hanoverian, Brunswick and Hessian confederation.

Brutii Bohemia-Hungary
- 'Playable' HRE faction that includes most of the imperial dominions (non-German imperial dominions)

Scipii Bavaria
- ambitious 'minor' electoral state that looks to challenge Hapsburg rule.

This setup defines the central objective of the campaign - control of the Holy Roman Empire and the virtual unification of Germany. The ultimate objective is the conquest of Vienna (capital of the HRE/SPQR faction).
The Holy Roman Empire includes Trier, Mainz, Koln, Baden-Wurttemburg, Hesse-Darmstadt (the Kreis or circles) and Vienna. The great factions of

GREEK FACTIONS GERMANIC FACTIONS - German and Northern Principalities

Macedon Prussia
- economically weak but militarily powerful under the Hohenzollerns (Alt Fritz).

Seleucid Saxony
- small but culturally rich duchy whose king has claims on the throne of Poland.

Thrace Scandinavia
- technically Sweden with Denmark/Norway as a province.

Greek City States Poland
- the Polish sejm (parliament) under native Polish princes such as Czartoryski & Potocki.

The campaign starts after the death of King Augustus of Poland (the Electoral ruler of Saxony) and I wanted to give the Poles a chance for 'self-government' while simulating the conflicts of interest that brought about the War of Polish Succession (which was a precursor to the more terrible Wars of Austrian Succession and Seven Years Wars). Historically each side (Saxony, France, Russia) had his own candidate - Poland was a crucial buffer state between the mighty Russian Empire and the Germanic nations. The Polish are included as a full faction to give them the chance of resurfacing as a nation though they may suffer utter defeat early in the game (w/c is what happened historically). While a Polish-ruled Poland is not impossible it will certainly be very difficult, particularly in the face of conflicting foreign interests.

CARTHAGINIAN FACTIONS MUSLIM FACTIONS - Eastern Muslim Kingdoms

Carthage Ottoman Empire
- massive and aggressive empire weakened by internal dissension.

Numidia Barbary States
- conglomerate of piratical bey-doms preying on and trading with the Europeans.

The Ottoman Empire is the largest empire (territorially) stretching from the Balkans to the Crimea to North Africa. However following the defeat before the walls of Vienna in the last century a downward spiral started as political infighting and 'Byzantine politics' (pardon the pun) threaten the stability of the empire. The Muslim powers start with few friends - only France supports the Ottomans as a counterweight to Austro-Russian ambitions - and Persian incursions under Nadir Shah threaten the eastern borders of the Ottoman Empire. The Barbary States for their part do not have the land forces capable of taking on European armies (not without serious reorganization/training) but their naval strength is so fearsome they can (if they wish) attack on European trade with impunity.

EASTERN FACTIONS GALLIC FACTIONS - French and West European Principalities

Parthia France
- Nec Pluribus Impar! Louis XV stands ready to challenge Britain for European dominance.

Sarmatia United Netherlands
- the sons of the sea-beggars are more ready to trade than fight.

Armenia Jacobites
- the exiled Pretenders to the British throne are ready to claim their inheritance.

After defeat at the hands of the Grand Alliance in the War of Spanish Succession, France stands ready to fight - whether to take on the Hanoverian-British coalition and Britain's old rival/trading partner, the United Netherlands, or
to fight the Bourbon family rivals, the Austrian Hapsburgs, France's large and powerful army is more than a match for many foes. They can also choose to support the Jacobites, rival claimants for the English throne, who still have strong supporters in Scotland and the north of England. The Dutch have fallen somewhat in the eyes of Europe since the glory days of the Glorious Revolution and the succeeding War of Spanish succession. Now governed by an oligarchy of the Estates General they rely heavily on unreliable mercenaries and a policy of neutrality to protect them from their larger neighbor. The Jacobites for their part have to take back the British throne before they are crushed by British troops.

BARBARIAN FACTIONS LATIN FACTIONS - Mediterranean Powers and Principalities

Dacia Spain
- The powerful Bourbons of Spain rule a vast empire in Iberia and Italy.

Iberia Portugal
- Fiercely independent, they defy domination by Spain, while being protected by Britain.

Gaul Piedmont
- A small but strong Franco-Italian duchy that rules Sardinia and blocks the road to Italy.

Germania Genoa
- Once a great trading empire they now rule only their city state and rebellious Corsica.

Pontus Papacy and Independents
- Papal and Catholic states plus Swiss Confederation, Mecklenberg, etc.

Briton Venice
- The once powerful Venetian republic still maintains a great trading empire in the Adriatic.

The Spanish and Portuguese are very powerful colonial empires. They occupy the mountainous Iberian peninsula which is hell to fight in (an invading king once said, 'Spain is where large armies starve and small armies are defeated') and the Bourbon kings of Spain have added Naples and Sicily as well as Parma in the Po Valley to their empire. They must deal with internal corruption and the very poor state of their military. Portugal has a very profitable trade going with Great Britain for Portuguese liquor and look to Britain as their military protector. The small states Piedmont-Savoy/Sardagne and the rival Most Serene Republics of Venice and Genoa were important minor powers during the period, with Venice controlling Dalmatia and Corfu and Genoa ruling Corsica. The Papacy actually includes the Knights of Malta as well as the Independent States of Mecklenberg and Danzig (Hanse) and the free port of Ragusa (Dubrovnik) and have generally good relations with the Catholic powers (France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Bavaria, Piedmont, Genoa and of course the Holy Roman Empire and Austria) while remaining at peace with the Protestant states. I wanted to have non-'Rebel' faction independent states that you can trade with or war with as the case may be. Like the SPQR faction they have strong diplomatics but a respectable enough military (Swiss particularly) to defend their territory against invasion.

EGYPTIAN FACTION RUSSIAN FACTION - Imperial Russia

Egypt Russia
- The massive Russian Empire under the rule of the heirs of Peter the Great.

The massive Russian empire occupies a few very, very, VERY large provinces and they have a HUGE agricultural base with which to support their massive armies. Of all the powers they are in the best position for expansion whether against the Swedes in the north or the Turks in the south, while the dissolution or control of Poland might even open up expansionist opportunities in the west. However Russia, due to its distance from the West, is rather slow to catch up to developments there and will need to advance and develop drastically if they are to safely expand westward.

SLAVE FACTION REBELS BRIGANDS AND PATRIOTS - Rebels

Rebel Rebels Brigands and Patriots
- Rebels and un-recognized independents

This will represent, among others, independence movements in the great empires, particularly among the Greeks, Irish, Cossacks as well as representing the Persian incursions under Nadir Shah. Bands of highwaymen as well as ravaging wolf-packs are also included in this mix.

Eastside Character
01-20-2005, 11:46
Greek City States Poland
- the Polish sejm (parliament) under native Polish princes such as Czartoryski & Potocki.

I don't know if you know, but many of those native princes helped foreign powers like Russia or Austria to gain influences in Poland. So my conclusion is most of them should be made extremely disloyal, so there would be rebellions and all kinda domestic troubles a faction can get. I wonder how would you depict the powerlessness of Polish Sejm and state. The powerlessness that was ended with the reforms of king Slanislaus Augustus.

BTW,the mod's lookin interesting.

Regards
EC

dclare4
01-23-2005, 09:18
Hi Eastside Character,

Yeah, actually the idea I had for Poland was to make it part of the 'Mediterranean' (Barbarian) faction group but give it culture and buildings from the 'Nordic' (Greek) faction group so they suffer a cultural penalty to simulate the effect of the shifting factions. Perhaps that might be a better way to do this? I'm familiar with the Polish problems (generally) but not the details. I want to have a Polish nation yes, but will make it very weak with the French, Russian and Saxon diplomats in their territories (ready to bribe!) and some areas (Lithuania, Courland) in Saxon hands. Open to any ideas and suggestions!

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

eadingas
01-23-2005, 11:29
It's enough if you make the cities start with different 'faction_creator' than their current owner. Then if they rebel,they revert to that faction, instead of just going rebel. If you make eastern cities created by Russians, southern by Austria, western by Prussia (you might want to leave the Warsaw province originally Polish ;), then as rebellions progress it would reflect the partitions pretty well.

cegorach
01-25-2005, 10:03
Strange idea - voluntary partitions ? As if it was completely inevitable...

Regards Cegorach

dclare4
01-26-2005, 10:52
Well not necessarily inevitable but I do want it to be difficult given the historical problems of the Polish-Lithuanian people at this time. Sounds like a good idea Eadingas :)

Thanks,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
01-26-2005, 10:56
The WASP Province Listing

Please take a look and feel free to let me know of any suggestions and corrections about spelling or names - would like to get contemporary names as much as possible hence the Germanic/English names for some eastern provinces/cities - though would like to find appropriate names in the local language if possible!

Thanks very much,
Comte de Clare

Karelia/St Petersburg
?/Novgorod
?/Smolensk
?/Moskva
Podolia/? (Vinnica?)
?/Minsk
?/Narva
Courland/Riga
Lithuania/Vilnius
?/Poltava
?/Kiev
?(Georgian Caucausus?)/Azov
Crimea/Sevastopol
?(Armenian Caucausus?)/?(Erzurum?)
Mesopotamia/Baghdad
?(Persian Borderlands?)/Tabriz
?/Sinop
Anatolia/Ankara
?/Istambul
?/Izmir
?(Cilicia?)/Iskanderun
Syria/Damascus
?(Lebanon?)/Acre
Palestine/Jerusalem
Cyprus/Famagusta
Rhodos/Rhodes
Crete/Candia
Hellas/Athens
Albania/Tirana
Ionian Islands/Corfu
Macedonia/Thessalonika
?(Rumelia?)/Adrianople
Bulgaria/Sofia
?/[Dalmatian] Ragusa
Dalmatia/Zara
Bosnia/Sarajevo
Serbia/Belgrade
Wallachia/Bucharest
Bessarabia/Galatz
Slavonian Military Border/Peterwardein
Croatian Military Border/Karlstadt
Istria/Trieste
Venetian Republic/Venice
East Prussia/Konigsberg
West Prussia/Danzig
Pommerania/Kolberg
Wielkopolska/Posen
Masovia/Warsaw
?/Krakow
Galicia/Lemberg [Lvov]
Bohemia/Prague
Upper Silesia/Breslau
Lower Silesia/Neisse
Royal Hungary? or Moravia/Pressburg
Hungary/Pest

Norway/Christiana
?/Stockholm
?/Gothenburg
?/Karlskrona
Denmark/Copenhagen
?/Hanover
?/Emden
?/Osnabruck
Hesse-Kassel/Kassel
?/Magdeburg
Brandenburg/Berlin
Mecklenburg/Lubeck
?/Leipzig
Saxony/Dresden
?/Nuremburg
?/Munich
?/Salzburg
?/Vienna

?/Utrecht
?/Nijmegen
Antwerp/Bergen-Op-Zoom
?/Maastricht
?/Bruxelles
?/Liege
?/Tournai
?/Ghent
?(Cleves-Julich?)/Aix la Chapelle
?/Cologne
?/Mainz
Hesse-Darmstadt/Darmstadt
?/Trier
Baden-Wurttemburg/Stuttgart
Switzerland/? (Vindelcorum location)
?/Milan
?/Mantua
?/Turin
?/Cuneo

?/Palermo
?/Messina
?/Siracusa
?/Reggio
?/Taranto
?/Foggia
Naples/Napoli
?/Gaeta
?/Tolentino
Vatican City/Roma
Toscana/Firenze
?/Genova
Duchy of Parma/Piazenca
Emilia/Modena
?/Bologna

?/Cairo
?/Alexandria
?/Bengazi
?/Tripoli
Tunisia/Tunis
Western Sahara/?
Algeria/Algiers
Morocco/Tangiers
?/Ceuta
The Rock of Gibraltar/Gibraltar
Provincia de Cadiz/Sevilla
Provincia de Andalucia/Granada
Provincia de Murcia/Murcia
Provincia de Extremadura/Badajoz
?/Salamanca
Provincia de Galicia/Vigo
?/La Corunna
Provincia de Leon-Asturias/Leon
Provincia de Cantabria/Burgos
Provincia de Castila/Madrid
Provincia de Navarra/Pamplona
Provincia de Viscaya/San Sebastian
Provincia de Catalonia-Aragon/Zaragoza
Provincia de Valencia/Valencia

Algarve/Elvas
Castelo Branco/Abrantes
Estremadura/Lisboa
Braganza/Oporto

Bretagne/Rennes
?/Belle-Isle
?/Caen
?/Rouen
Ile-de-France/Paris
?/Amiens
?/Arras
Champagne/Reims
Lorraine/Metz
Vosges/Strassburg
Bourgogne/Dijon
?/Lyon
Auvergne/Clermont-Ferrand
Berry/Bourges
Anjou-Maine-Orleans/Orleans
Touraine-Poitou-Limousin/Limoges
Medoc/Bordeaux
Gascogne/Bayonne
Languedoc/Toulouse
Dauphine/Grenoble
Provence/Marseilles
Cote d'Azur/Toulon

Sussex/Southwark
Middlesex/London
Hampshire/Southampton
Gloucestershire/Bristol
The West Country/Exeter
Wales/Cardiff
Hereford & Worcester/Worcester
Oxford & Buckinghamshire/Oxford
East Anglia/Norwich
Yorkshire/York
Notts & Derby/Derby
Cheshire/Chester
Lancashire/Preston
Durhamshire/Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Northern March/Carlisle
The Clyde/Glasgow
The Scottish Border/Stirling
Dunbar & March/Edinburgh
Atholl & Mar/Aberdeen
Western Highlands/Lochaber
Ross & Sutherland/Inverness
The Western Isles/Hebrides

Province of Ulster/Belfast
Donegal & West Ulster/Enniskillien
Meath & Longford/Drogheda
County of Dublin/Dublin
Province of Leinster/Wexford
Province of Munster/Cork
Limerick & Tipperary/Limerick
Province of Connaught/Galway

SwordsMaster
01-26-2005, 12:51
Provincia de Cadiz/Sevilla
Provincia de Andalucia/Granada
Provincia de Murcia/Murcia
Provincia de Extremadura/Badajoz
?/Salamanca
Provincia de Galicia/Vigo
?/La Corunna
Provincia de Leon-Asturias/Leon
Provincia de Cantabria/Burgos
Provincia de Castila/Madrid
Provincia de Navarra/Pamplona
Provincia de Viscaya/San Sebastian
Provincia de Catalonia-Aragon/Zaragoza
Provincia de Valencia/Valencia

Well, m8. First: remove "provincia de" from every province name
"provincia" means literally province. You dont call Britanny - province of britanny, do you?

Second: Corrections.

-capital of "Cadiz" is, believe it or not, Cadiz.

-capital of Andalucia is Sevilla (I know that means 2 cities very close to each other, but geography is geography and theres nothing we can do to change it...

My advice here is to split "murcia" and give half the province to Valencia (capital Valencia), and merge the other half with a bit of Andalucia, make Murcia capital, with port Cartagena.

-Capital of Extremadura is Badajoz, by any means Salamanca.

-Vizcaya is spelled like that.

-Aragon and Catalun'a are 2 separate provinces. Capital of Aragon: Zaragoza, of Catalun'a: Barcelona.

- Galicia: capital: Santiago de Compostela, (where did you get the others from?), port : El Ferrol.

- Castilla is spelled like that.

- Salamanca/Salamanca: strategically the city´s only merit is that it controls the surounding fields and the bridge over the river Tormes (affluent of the Duero IIRC).

- IMHO you could merge Vizcaya and Navarra without too much harm. And just leave 1 capital - San Sebastian

Advice here, Call Leon-Asturias just Leon. And Cantabria, just Burgos. I assume here that you are just splitting the present-day Castilla Leon into 2 halfs, right?

cegorach
01-27-2005, 12:03
Royal Hungary? or Moravia/Pressburg

>>>Royal Hungary is better

West Prussia/Danzig
Pommerania/Kolberg
Wielkopolska/Posen
Masovia/Warsaw
?/Krakow
Galicia/Lemberg [Lvov]

>>>Royal Prussia - Danzig ( Royal since 1467)

Pomerania (or Pommern) - Kolberg ( or former swedish Stettin)

Wielkopolska - Poznan ( Posen is german name)

Masovia (or in polish Mazowsze) - Warsaw or Warszawa

Malopolska ( remember MTW Lesser Poland ?) - Krakow

Galizia ( better Ruthenia or Rus Czerwona since it was Galizia only from 1793 or 1797) -Lemberg ( better Lwow or present name in ukrainian Lviv, Lwow is more accurate for that period).

Courland/Riga

>>> Courland ( Kurland in German) - Mitau ( Riga wasn't in Poland since 1621).

Lithuania/Vilnius

>>> or Litwa - Wilno

Podolia/? (Vinnica?)

>>>> or Podole - Kamieniec Podolski ( a fortress in southern Ukraine)

or even Podole - Bar ( Bar confederacy was founded there).

?/Minsk

>>> either Belorussia or Bialorus - Minsk

I will give you unit info later.

My regards Cegorach

dclare4
01-28-2005, 05:36
Thanks Cegorach and SwordsMaster :-) Though I think I should if possible and it's not too heavy I should try posting up map pics - why I merged Cadiz and Sevilla actually is I named some 'regions' after the major ports w/c I'd have wanted to represent as a port and city but wasn't able to because of lack of territories (200 max). I guess I wanted to use Provincia to differentiate some places like Spanish Galicia and Polish/Russian Galicia (perhaps I should just call the former Spanish Galicia).

Lets see short update on whats up with the WASP:

I was ticked off by the paucity of space between the western map edge and the coast of Iberia so I moved everything 50 pixels east but now I'm running into problems with the armies (see other posts for details) so I'm still wondering if I'll do that or not. I basically want to have more space for fleets to maneuver without their getting trapped by fleet ZOCs against the map edge unrealistically.

I've also been tweaking and adding a truckload of major rivers to the maps particularly to central Europe including the Oder, Weser, fixed the Rhine, fixed the Danube, added the Meuse, Rhone, Seine and tweaked London and Venice except I think that the map heights shouldn't place them too high about the sea-level. Does anyone know how to tweak the map-heights (what color values) so I can bring these places down a lot? Right now Southwark and London are atop two HUMONGOUS mounds of earth with the Thames river valley between them and its kinda stupid to look at. Venice too is atop a mountain w/c is the last thing I want.

I think the map is shaping up well though and there are quite a number of potentially great locations - London, San Sebastian fortress (on an island), Venice, Badajoz, Bergen-Op-Zoom (enclosed between a river and the Walcheren bogs) - hopefully the mod can do these places justice.

Now if I could just figure out what's wrong with the blasted army placements...

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

dclare4
02-04-2005, 10:12
I may be able to add North America and the Caribbean to the mod but can only spare 4 or 5 provinces for it so most likely will be:

New France (Quebec)
Cape Breton (Louisberg)
New York (New York)
maybe New England (Boston)
New Spain (Havana)

and will have much larger territories. The whole deal being you use forts to hold and take over the areas. I want, if possible, to make the trans-Atlantic convoys, colonial trade wars and such things as battles for Havana, Louisberg and Quebec w/c were key factors, particularly in the Seven Years War (otherwise called the French and Indian War!) so I hope I can include rather than abstract them!

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

SwordsMaster
02-09-2005, 13:47
Did you manage to solve that problem?

th3freakie
02-10-2005, 17:32
Yay! Europa Universalis-ish mod ~:)

dclare4
02-11-2005, 13:54
Sigh... still no luck, still experimenting. Working on graphics and figures meantime...

Cheers,
Comte de Clare

Tricky Lady
02-13-2005, 22:38
The WASP Province Listing

Please take a look and feel free to let me know of any suggestions and corrections about spelling or names - would like to get contemporary names as much as possible hence the Germanic/English names for some eastern provinces/cities - though would like to find appropriate names in the local language if possible!

?/Utrecht
?/Nijmegen
Antwerp/Bergen-Op-Zoom
?/Maastricht
?/Bruxelles
?/Liege
?/Tournai
?/Ghent

Dunno if you're still researching correct province names for the above-quoted cities, but I can give you some tips:

I'd rather take Antwerp as the capital of a province with the same name. Bergen-Op-Zoom should be the capital of another province, as it was part of the present-day Netherlands.
For the other provinces:
Limburg / Maastricht
Brabant / Bruxelles
Liege / Liege (present-day situation, not sure about the situation in the 18th century)
Hainaut / Tournai
Flandres / Ghent

If you prefer "localised" city and province names:
Antwerp = Antwerpen
Bruxelles = Brussel ~;)
Flandres = Vlaanderen
Ghent = Gent

Just tell me if this info seems usefull to you. I can research a bit better if you want.

:bow:
TL

Paul Peru
02-15-2005, 15:46
Norway/Christiana
?/Stockholm
?/Gothenburg
?/Karlskrona
Wow! You've got a lot of provinces.

A couple of easy ones:
Norway/Christiania
Svealand/Stockholm

Then it gets a bit more difficult...
I've never seen the south of Sweden divided just like that before.
If you divided it into a middle and a southern part instead of SW and SE, I guess
Gothia/Gothenburg
Scania/Karlskrona
would fit.
If you need to divide it the way you do, the closest thing would probably be Westrogothia/Ostrogothia (sort it out for yourself ~;) )

TheSilverKnight
05-03-2005, 03:06
Anymore news on this mod, Comte de Clare? It looks very interesting. I hope it didn't die ~:eek:

dclare4
05-03-2005, 05:28
No no not at all :charge: it's still alive but it's been 'mothballed' temporarily as the good fellow who's been doing the models found another common and somewhat more easily achievable (and more importantly, better researched!) era to mod - the Zulu Wars. But WASP is still alive - the map's done for all intents and purposes (though I'd really love to have a few more - okay more than a few! - available regions to add North America) and when there's more interests (and probably after some 'gunpowder' mods have been released to see how that's handled!) it will continue.

Cheers,
Comte de Clare (Harlechman)

Abokasee
05-03-2005, 16:07
STILL COOL

What
A
Syphchotic
Perscution

or

what
a
silly
person
!

or even

will
andrew
snog
pathrick
?

dclare4
09-15-2005, 05:57
Gotta find a way to sneak all these interesting acronyms into the game hehehe!

What A Silly Person - that might be refering to Marshal Soubise at Rossbach -or Cumberland at Klosterzeven

hehehe!
Lord Clare (Harlechman)

GoreBag
09-15-2005, 06:28
Swap (hey, a jumble) "silly" with "strange", and there's a Monty Python reference right there.

I can't believe I hadn't noticed all of this before. You're quite an accomplished modder (moddress? your gender is undisclosed) and I can't wait to play WASP. You and your Jacobites..I love it.

Two things stuck out in my mind. First, I noticed that Caithness and the Orkneys aren't their own province(s). Should they be, or will they be merged with another province? If so, which?

Secondly, the trip across the Atlantic would be an interesting journey. Will you expand the map to accomodate the settlements in the New World, or will there be an abstraction?

Oh, and while I'm on the topic of the New World, should Nw York be called New York or New Amsterdam at this point? I'm not sure when the name changed. As well, is Cape Breton the best choice for a province? At this point in time, it's simply the more impoverished northern area of the province of Nova Scotia.

dclare4
09-16-2005, 03:50
I fear that the New World is a moot point now... I've only been able to move the map 50 spaces eastward w/c scalewise isn't enough to reach the Americas. The biggest problem is the 300 or so limit of provinces. I'll really only be able to make this Euro-centric and probably abstract the events in the provinces. Perhaps when historic events like the war over the Ohios or in India take place they can shatter peace/alliances in Europe and will - SHOULD - cost you some money to represent regiments, equipment being sent to those places.

Caithness and Orkney also fell victim to that problem as did a truckload of regions in Britain. Not enough space. I sure as heck wish there were more. Another BIG problem I've had with this mod is the PORT cities are not represented on the battlemap. What I've done with the port cities is I've made them key 'second cities' like Antwerp would have the fortress of Bergen-op-Zoom as its port. Problem is, ports aren't represented. I'm thinking of just assigning forts and garrisons to those places.

Finally, it's Daniel O'Brien, Comte de Clare, commander of the Irish Regiment of Clare in the French Army. It's okay, I get that all the time thanks to my somewhat neutral gender nick!

Yeah the Jacobite figure is great. Its interesting to note that they use the same model as the fat British commander! Muscular and Brawny for one Fat for the other...

Best regards,
Comte de Clare

GoreBag
09-16-2005, 04:19
Events! Good idea. This could affect trade as well, right?

Yeah, I remember that Jacobite model from the MTW thread King Malcolm had started. Can't wait to use it.

dclare4
09-16-2005, 05:53
Yeah, actually this grew out of my plan to make a Jacobite Rebellion mod with King Malcolm, unfortunately it was designed for MTW not RTW and I felt that the way RTW was set up - particularly its lack of offices and titles - spoiled the atmosphere. I'd still love to play/work on a Jacobite mod but RTW isn't the model for it.

WASP is really designed for RTW - not even for BI - particularly because it needs the 3 families plus Senate setup of RTW to pull it off properly. Right now it's kinda dormant because most folks are into ancient or fantasy while NTW has the lions share of interest and Sundjata and I are working on BI. But I don't want the mod to die out - worst case if someone takes over and I can't work on it I'll let 'em have the map. I really want to see this ... someday.

Harlechman

GoreBag
09-16-2005, 06:31
Well, I think it's a great idea. I'd probably enjoy it more than most of the other ancient mods out right now.

dclare4
09-16-2005, 09:26
Well that's certainly quite an encouragement. Really it is :) I've been long frustrated that the only game that features this really quite exciting and colorful period was Cossacks. While our battles can't really feature massive armies on a 1:1 scale I think that the pageantry of the era should give people enough eye candy while the history should give gamers enough fun. Hopefully with Cesare interested some more interest can be drummed up (pardon the slight pun!)

Best wishes,

dclare4
09-16-2005, 09:44
By the way NeonGod, you wouldn't happen to know any modellers who'd be interested in this particular period would you? ~;)

Cheers,

dclare4
09-20-2005, 11:05
Hi Cesare and NeonGod (and all interested in the mod)

Just had a bit of a mad brainstorm. What about using the wardog types to represent the irregulars like the Pandours - let them lose but once to wreak havoc on the battlefield. It would probably be best to use the contact rather than the archer types. What do you guys think?

Comte de Clare

GoreBag
09-20-2005, 19:25
I'm not quite sure I understand. Let the Pandours run wild?

I've been thinking about the number of modellers available, actually. Have you tried TWC? People say there's a better modding community there. If none can be found here or there, look around at some other mods and PM the artists who made models most to your liking.

I'd offer to help, but I have no talent for such a thing.

Sundjata Keita
09-20-2005, 19:41
Do you want these ones then Dclare and of course you can have the rifle animations and smoke (did you get my email?) from ZTW.

https://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4577/uhlanschargingmuskets9ii.jpg
https://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1650/britishlightdragoons3kp.jpg

PS to anybody who hasn't seen them they are WIP shots

Regards,

Sundjata

dclare4
09-21-2005, 05:25
Hi there Sundjata,

Yeah those are the ones... the lovely thing about the period is one model can be used for a variety of units - the Saxon Uhlans for example can also be used for Marshal de Saxe's bodyguard Uhlans, while the tricorned Brits can easily be skinned for the other nations' units. The Brit light dragoons look GREAT (sabre seems backwards though and I should redo the sabretache it looks like a yellow appendage - the sabre should hang down a bit lower from the waist and below this the sabertache, all would be connected by cords to the barrelled sash). The French grey version of these baddies should come out with Zulu Total War.

Yeah the Pandours would function like war dogs or like the Cossack types in the COSSACKS game. They would be released at a certain point and not be recovered (this represents their irregular nature well I think). Maybe have the guy permanently stuck to his horse so its one model and have the animation of swinging the sword up and down or something. Just a thought.

Cheers,