PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

Sir Sard
12-30-2004, 19:26
Since I've been unable to find any tech support board on this forum my thread goes here.
From yesterday evening I've exprienced an odd problem with my version of RTW. When I start it, it skips the intro, and then after loading is done the main menu is just added on top of it. In other words I can still see the quote, the loading bar and background image, yet on top of that goes the menu. When ever I move the cusor I can see it's trail, and to make matters worse if I enter another menu it too is just added 'on top' of the main menu and the loading screen.
Please help me, this is most anoying.

Akka
12-30-2004, 19:46
I had the same problem. I suppose that what is lacking are the last windows video codecs.
I solved the error by simply reinstalling the game, but you can try to get the codecs first to see if it works.

Sir Sard
12-30-2004, 20:03
I tried to reinstall the game, however the problem presists. But please tell me, where can I find the last windows video codecs?

Cras
12-31-2004, 14:28
some guys had problems like that and solved it by installing windows media player version 10...

perhaps they have those codecs too

KukriKhan
12-31-2004, 15:31
We do have a Tech Forum, called the Apothecary. Here is a link to a post there, detailing a similar problem:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=40621

Perhaps going to WindowsUpdate, and checking for the latest WmediaPlayer version will resolve your situation.