PDA

View Full Version : Roman Alliance

Dutch_guy
12-31-2004, 03:41
every one who has played Rome Total War knows that as a Roman faction you always start off allied with the other 3 roman factions, you can break it with enough popular support.
however playing as another faction, the Romans never seem to end their alliance, no civil war !
have you guys ever seen the Roman factions declare war upon each-other ?

Didz
12-31-2004, 11:40
Ever since the Scipii started a war with my Egyptian Empire over the Nile valley all four Roman factions have been at war with Egypt. I have yet to see anything of the other factions but even though I managed to secure a ceasefire with the Scipii the others remained hostile and the very next turn the Scipii declared war again without even attacking anything or using a diplomat.

My conculsion is that once at war with Rome your always at war witrh Rome.

Ar7
12-31-2004, 13:14

Which historically was always like that....you were at war with Rome until she conquered you!

th3freakie
12-31-2004, 16:31
Which historically was always like that....you were at war with Rome until she conquered you!

But it does kind of suck, specialy when that means having to fight in Gaul or whatever just to wipe out rome because they're bothering you in egypt sending small fleets or something like that.

lars573
12-31-2004, 17:25
Ever since the Scipii started a war with my Egyptian Empire over the Nile valley all four Roman factions have been at war with Egypt. I have yet to see anything of the other factions but even though I managed to secure a ceasefire with the Scipii the others remained hostile and the very next turn the Scipii declared war again without even attacking anything or using a diplomat.

Make peace with the senate and i bet you all the money in the universe the Scipii make peace with you the next turn.

Proletariat
12-31-2004, 20:30
Make peace with the senate and i bet you all the money in the universe the Scipii make peace with you the next turn.

It'll take all the money in the universe to achieve this. You might just get a rain cheque.

master of the puppets
12-31-2004, 23:41
if you happen to be in a hard war with the romans i recomend DO NOT DESTROY ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!! i did once as carthage early in the game i pushed romans off of sicily greeks still present but as allies. the scipii sent a few fleets down to capture sicily but no large invasion. i sent a large attack force and take capua the scipii are destroyed! next turn capua is besieged by two large brutii armies. a large fleet of julii land near syracuse the senate blockades the port. well i have yet to resolve this becase these things happened when my parents werent home and when they returned i had to quickly get off because i am (still) grounded.

...stupid parents

th3freakie
01-02-2005, 00:28
if you happen to be in a hard war with the romans i recomend DO NOT DESTROY ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!! i did once as carthage early in the game i pushed romans off of sicily greeks still present but as allies. the scipii sent a few fleets down to capture sicily but no large invasion. i sent a large attack force and take capua the scipii are destroyed! next turn capua is besieged by two large brutii armies. a large fleet of julii land near syracuse the senate blockades the port. well i have yet to resolve this becase these things happened when my parents werent home and when they returned i had to quickly get off because i am (still) grounded.

...stupid parents

Scare me not my friend, I have recently eliminated the Scpii on my first Carthagenian campaign...
Though I destroyed every possible building in Capua and left it for the Rebels, taking it's conqueror, my superman-like Faction Leader, and the nation's biggest army to fight Gauls in spain.
I also decided to quit holding to a de-populated Corsica agaist wave after wave of Julii.

So far the Brutii haven't bothered me with land armies, and I haven't even seen a Julii flag in a couple of years...

Didz
01-02-2005, 02:18
Must admit I haven't see 'hide nor hair' of the Brutii, Julii or SPQR in my game either even though I'm at war with all the Roman factions.

I am gradually driving the Scipii out of North Africa and assumed that the Brutii would show up at some point and start invading my provinces in Turkey but so far not a sign.