PDA

View Full Version : HTW doesn't start

alkibiades
12-31-2004, 11:22
I need your help to resolve my HTW installation.
I follow the instructions as well.
I installed MTW, then VI v 2.01 (my version is almost patched in 2.01).
I have italian version, so i copy the eng folder in the loc folder: it's ok.

It was emotioning to see your HTW start; the menù was perfect, everything worked well.
So i choose the country and launched the campaign.
The red bar started loading and i was waiting the moment i'd begin to conquer Greece....but when the bar finished loading, i only saw my desktop!!
I tried a lot a of times, but i can only play hystorical battles; every time i choose the campaign i found myself on the desktop.

I tried to reinstall everything in a new folder, but nothing new happens.
Given that your instructions were very clear and i have installed, in other wargames, mods more complicated than this, i wonder what's wrong with this.
Who will help me, will make me an happy man....

alkibiades

alkibiades
12-31-2004, 14:35
I gave you some more informations, hoping that they may help you to help me....
I was able to start a campaign (hard mode, the others doesn't work) and make some turns, but as i save the game and then restart it....here's again the desktop appears.
When i try to reload a saved game the red bar rise on, but after this again the desktop.

Do you think this happens 'cause of some background programs like antivirus?
Why the game starts with hard mode only?
Why saved games doesn't be able to load?

Thanx to any helper.

alkibiades

alkibiades
01-01-2005, 11:47
Now it ALMOST works!!

I tell you what i have done:
1) installed MTW than patched to v.1.1
2) installed VI v.2.01
3) copied all the files in a new folder named HTW
4) installed the Hellenic mod + Economy patch

Now the game stars at every level, i have access to the strategic maps and i can meet my enemies in battle.
A little problem still remain: after i have saved the game and i wanna go back to play, the save doesn't work and i still face with my desktop.

Any idea??
Thanx and good 2005!!!

alkibiades

komninos
01-03-2005, 13:10
Hi alkibiades,

The forum is a bit silent thouse days ...

Any way ... your problem is a strange one ... I am positive that something went bad with the installation but yet just the save games don't work. Serch the forum for a patch made by antalis that caused a CTD with the next year ... it might help and it was in an executable for some strange reason.

Sorry I can't more than that. ~:cheers:

alkibiades
01-03-2005, 15:52
If this mod were an ugly one, it wouldn't be a great problem no to play, but the mod is extremely interesting for me and after some taste of playing i cannot give up.... :)
I tried to find the patch you say, but i wasn't able to.
I'll try to contact antalis.

I'll wait the return of the working-day, maybe i will be more lucky.
Thanx for your help.

alkibiades

alkibiades
01-04-2005, 12:24
Evviva, i solved my problem!!!
Tonight, after a lot of attempts, i have found the solution:
i copied the file ''frontend'' from folder loc/eng of NTW mod to the one in HTW mod and from that moment i can load my saved games.
I made some tests and everytime i was able to reload my saved games.
Hope this last forever.... :)

So i wanna thank the people who made this mod possible; i'm enjoying it a lot, the musics are perfect, you made a magnificent historical work and made an appassionate of old military history like me, a very happy person.

~:cheers:

alkibiades

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-05-2005, 14:22
I was on a holiday,just back today,happy to see your problem is solved and thank you for the kind words(speaking for all members of the Gerousia).

LZoF

hamrock
02-14-2005, 20:54
I have just downloaded HTW and followed the install instruction to the letter.

On starting HTW from the shortcut I get a warning column-builing-faction coulumn 20 row 8. Egyptian. That's it nothing from there. I am just a fresh fish at all this so please be patient.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-16-2005, 08:24
If you get this option something went wrong during the install do it all over:

Uninstall ALL previous files.
First MTW
MTW:VI
Patch MTW:VI v2.1
HTW
HTW Economy Patch
HTW Music Pack:Optional

Read the instructions carefully before installing!

LZoF

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-16-2005, 19:40
Also check the Loc.txt language:read instructions on the site when you use NON-English versions of MTW:VI.

LZoF