PDA

View Full Version : Strategy map is too slow... Battle map is ok! Help!!!

Renato Marcelino
12-31-2004, 20:14
Hello guy's, I've some problem... when i'm playing on strategy map, it works too slow... it turns unplayable... so, when i'm playing on the battlefield the performance is so good!!! I've my driver updated, every driver is already installed, everything is ok on other games.. but RTW is terrible.
Has somebody any idea? :help:
I've tried many setup configs, tried low quality textures... low resolution... but the problem stand still...
I love TW Series... but i am giving up... ~:handball:

My PC is:
AthlonXP 2500+@2.2GHZ, 1GB Kingston 466mhz, DFI NFII Infinity, Seagate 7200/80GB and Radeon 9800Pro.

Thank you so much!!!

nokhor
12-31-2004, 20:16
what is too slow on the strategy map, the movement of your units? if so, you can press the spacebar, and they move real fast.

Renato Marcelino
12-31-2004, 20:21
what is too slow on the strategy map, the movement of your units? if so, you can press the spacebar, and they move real fast.

No... when i move to the top or to other region of the map... it turn very very slow...
The units is ok, but the mouse move is slow... Have you any idea???

HicRic
12-31-2004, 21:20
I think everyone's campaign map performs badly, with slow/jerky scrolling and a mouse that moves too slowly, etc. I don't think you can do anything about it, if you've tried puttin gthe campaign map to the lowest resolution.

Red Harvest
12-31-2004, 22:36
That's wierd. I've never had any trouble with the campaign map. I leave it at 1280. I am using a 9800 Pro. I wonder if uninstalling/reinstalling RTW would help?

Exodus
01-01-2005, 04:15
my strategy map is black... but i installed it on my other com and its okay....

why does that happen and how can i fix that?

Oaty
01-01-2005, 05:02
Updating your mouse driver may fix this as it has worked for others.

EXODUS I have no idea and it would be better to make a topic about your problem in the apothecary or search in there.

Attalus
01-01-2005, 08:44
Have you tried editing your preferences.txt file?

CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MIN_ZOOM:80
CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MAX_ZOOM:80

Change the figures to the speed you want. Between 60 to 80 works okay.

this .txt file can be found in

program files/activision/Rome-Total War

Just make sure you back up the original somewhere.

-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die

HicRic
01-01-2005, 11:54
Hmm...interesting ideas. I'd seen a lot of complaints about the slowness of the camp. map in places and assumed it was universal. Guess I shouldn't assume. ~;)

Renato Marcelino
01-02-2005, 18:20
Have you tried editing your preferences.txt file?

CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MIN_ZOOM:80
CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MAX_ZOOM:80

Change the figures to the speed you want. Between 60 to 80 works okay.

It Works!!! I set 100 and woked better... but i think the problem is different... it seems the rendenring process is working bad because,.... well... when i move to other point of the map, it seems delaying to built the scene... a kind of lag... or something like this... but my Hard Drive is quiet...
Thank you so much...

Attalus
01-03-2005, 01:35
It Works!!! I set 100 and woked better... but i think the problem is different... it seems the rendenring process is working bad because,.... well... when i move to other point of the map, it seems delaying to built the scene... a kind of lag... or something like this... but my Hard Drive is quiet...
Thank you so much...

you're most welcome... ~:)
I had the same problem for a while and found the solution here on these boards :bow:

I'm pretty sure the lag is to do with with the mouse pointer sprite and the the Background (campaign map) being 3D.
Lots of movement=lag. :dizzy2:

-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die