PDA

View Full Version : Need help with TW Realism and unlock all fraction

djsway
12-31-2004, 22:33
Guys I just finished my first campaign on easy and it was well.. easy.

Where can I get the mod Total Realism and how do I install it?

Also, where can I get the patch to unlock all factions and how do I install it?

Thanks! ~:)

aw89
12-31-2004, 22:48
try VH first ~;)

see downloads on the front side.

drone
12-31-2004, 22:54
Unlocking factions can be done by:

Quoted from Steppe_Merc, in some other thread

1) Find the file "descr_strat" in ...\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign.txt

2)Open it up.

3)cut the faction you want to play as from the section its under (either unlockable or nonplayable, and copy it into the playable section, that should do it.

drone
12-31-2004, 23:02
Also, be careful if you choose to play the senate. There is a thread somewhere about CTDs when you open the senate tab.

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly playing the rebels is a load of fun. No need to worry about town happiness, free armies popping up all over the place, screwing with all the other factions. True chaos.... ~D

djsway
12-31-2004, 23:40
Also, be careful if you choose to play the senate. There is a thread somewhere about CTDs when you open the senate tab.

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly playing the rebels is a load of fun. No need to worry about town happiness, free armies popping up all over the place, screwing with all the other factions. True chaos.... ~D

Thanks guys. What is the difference when you play a VH?

drone
12-31-2004, 23:58
The difficulty level for the battle map determines bonuses given to the troops. On easy, I think your troops get a +4 to attack/defense stats. On medium, there are no bonuses. On hard, it's +4 to the enemy's troops, and very hard is +7 to the enemy's troops. I can't remember which stats get adjusted, maybe morale, attack, and defense, there are a couple of threads that talk about this. In M:TW, the difficulty level also opened up the AI's combat strategy (it would try certain flanking moves, hiding and ambushes, feigned retreats, etc.) but I'm not sure R:TW does this.

The difficulty level on the strategic map affects money matters, maybe diplomacy as well. All auto-resolved battles (including naval combat) are done using the strategic map difficulty, not the battle map difficulty, so your ships tend to die easier.

I think Frogbeastegg's guide has some of the specifics:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38382

Ar7
01-01-2005, 00:10
I think attack gets adjusted on H and VH, but it is no fun but rather silly. The first game I tried VH my generals unit was cut down in hand to hand by archers, to the last man....so its just plain stupid. And from that day I play battle on M and campaign map on either H or VH.

Mikeus Caesar
01-02-2005, 13:45
Here is a link to unlock all fractions, without having to do it yourself:

All fractions mod (http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=75)

It unlocks everything, from the Macedonians to the Senate.