PDA

View Full Version : temples and their hidden effects

soibean
01-01-2005, 18:36
I know that some temples in the game have hidden effects that it doesnt mention when you build it
such as bacchus reducing culture penalties, same with juno, or with your governor gaining the "fertile" trait if he gets a priest of ceres with him (most of the time atleast).
What I want to know is if there is anyone who knows ALL the hidden traits
or
If not all, which temples give you that fertile trait besides ceres because I want my guys to start pumping out the children

Oaty
01-02-2005, 01:30
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=37949

That should tell you every thing ou wanna know

soibean
01-02-2005, 02:39
thats beautiful thanks alot

Simetrical
01-02-2005, 21:14
It's not entirely what you want, however. It doesn't tell you about traits that the temple gives your generals, which is what you asked about. AFAIK, nobody's made a readable guide to what traits the temples give you, so you may have to just look in data\export_descr_character_traits.txt yourself. The triggers are in the bottom half—skim until you get to the temple triggers. The format's a little confusing, unfortunately, but you'll probably be able to figure it out.

As far as culture penalty, the type of temple erected is irrelevant. As far as tests have shown, culture penalty is equal to (20% if the governor's residence is foreign) + (percentage of buildings of foreign culture × 30%), rounded off to a five-percent mark. So, if you have a foreign governor's residence, three foreign buildings, and two non-foreign buildings in a settlement, your culture penalty will be approximately 20% + (60% × 30% = 18%) = 38%, rounded to 40% (or maybe 35%).

By creating a temple, you're increasing the proportion of your culture vs. theirs, and therefore possibly reducing the culture penalty. It doesn't matter what kind of temple you create.

-Simetrical