PDA

View Full Version : Selucids starting money

Oaty
01-02-2005, 00:53
Why do the Selucids start off with 3k while all other factions get to start with 5k. This is with normal difficulty and I double checked for both.

Is evryones game like this for the Selucids or do I have a corupted file and if so how do I edit starting money

The_678
01-02-2005, 07:39
I think it's supposed to be like that. it is for me. There are a bunch of factions that only start with 3k.

Shahed
01-02-2005, 10:53
I dont know why they start with less actually, but they do have really high income capacity.

master of the puppets
01-02-2005, 19:16
well historicly this was selucids were learning to stand (metophoriclly of course) up until now the selicids were just milking what was left of alexanders wealth. around this time they had to become self-sufficiant because they lived in the middle of a desert they largely became a trading nation but as they expanded into turkey they could afford to farm. so naturally you would not have much money when the game starts.

Spartiate
01-02-2005, 22:51
I find that the Seleucids get slaugthered in the early game on all difficulty levels.I have given them 150,000 denarii to start with.I have edited their starting troops and leveled up their cities and they still fall to the Egyptians and Parthians.Along with Carthage they are my biggest dissappointment.I like to ally with them and attack their neighbours to allow them to grow because they really are very powerful when they get up and running.

chef4fun2
01-03-2005, 06:04
Maybe because they start with 4 cities?

The Stranger
01-07-2005, 16:24
150,000 denarii is nothing i started many times with 1,400,000,000 denarii
and i think 3k with the seleucids is a mistake because all factions you can unlock without messing with the desc. strat have 5k so i changed it to five
all other factions with 3k are supposed to that you cant play with them exept for pontus and macedon the also have no introtext