PDA

View Full Version : Plague ?

Tribesman
01-02-2005, 02:13
Plague , what can you do ?
I took a sente mission to take a city , great , a whole unit of barabian cavalry as a reward!!!! , but the city developed plauge as soon as I took it . Now I have a good army (well it was good until this happened) that I cannot take back to any of my settlements . I sent one unit back to retrain and it infected the settlement and the fleet at the port .
Anyone got any ideas on how long this lasts as I am losing about 5% of the army each turn plus the city population and fleet it hit as well .
For the moment I am just using the army to sack all the Greek cities it can , giving them the plague and letting them rebel next turn .
Also if I enslave the populations will the slaves spread the plague to my other towns?

KiOwA
01-02-2005, 14:55
Next time, use spies to scout out a city if you're afraid of plague. Enslaving a town will NOT spread plague, fortunately (think of the possible effects throughout the empire). Try to stash the army in the city, and just ride out the plague effects, because I'm not sure if they will get cured if not in a city.

Tribesman
01-02-2005, 19:08
thanks Kiowa , but I did have a spy in the city , there was no plague ?
Just in case it could be spread by the slaves I took all the governors out of all the towns except Thermon which I had infected by retraining the unit , it now has the populations from 5 cities and is finally clear of the epidemic . The infected army still has the plague , but didn't actually lose anybody this turn , so maybe its finally in the clear next turn .

Oaty
01-02-2005, 23:23
If there is a plague carrier in the city you are attacking it will infect your army if you take the city. This wo'nt work with field armies. Best thing to do is make sure that before you lay siege is to make sure there are no plague carriers. What happens is there is a spy/diplomat in the town and they transfer the plague to your city.