PDA

View Full Version : Question Siege equipment? and realism

lt1956
01-02-2005, 09:21
Hello Eb team,

I was looking through your threads and dont remember seeing anything about Siege engines. As you know the ones in the vanilla are not very accurate, What about making new style rams for the barbarians and the eastern empires. Also maybe some new onagers etc.

I know that egypt would have ALL the greek siege equipment since they are greeks basically. lol

Also I must ask this out of desperation. lol I have tried to add my own music to the campaign game. something more roman and less eastern. Well I edited the Music txt file and also adding the correct folder in sounds. No go still plays its own choice. I unpacked the sounds file, and deleted the IMX file same thing. Right now I always play muted, But I would really like to add Caesar3's music to my personal game, can any of you guys help me for this? I know I must be missing something small, or am I worng and it cant be done?

Thanks,

Lt

khelvan
01-02-2005, 19:06
Lt1956, siege engines have not received the attention they deserve, yet. We know what we're going to take out (Onagers, for instance, well outside our time frame) but they have been left for last in our list of units to change, below even the navies. So I can't tell you at the moment exactly what we will be doing to change them.

On music, someone will answer you if you are patient. Please consider that posting the same question twice in under a day is considered spamming. We can't always respond immediately. People are less likely to respond if you keep repeating the same question and have asked it several times before someone actually reads the new posts in the forum, so just relax and give it time, ok?

lt1956
01-02-2005, 21:28
ok, Its just that you Org site is much slower on responses (if any) than Twcenter.

I still never got answered in the Mod forum to a question, only one of your guys here answered. So really I shouldn't have even bother to post in the mod section, I never get a reply.

I just dont like bothering your team for no reason. But the Music thing has me stumped. So I thought I might as well throw it in with my other question

I really am going to look forward to seeing your Siege equipment. Too bad you were not able to add 3D ship battles in. I did post over there on their forum about it, so we can always hope for an expansion etc.

khelvan
01-02-2005, 22:52
TWC has a much larger population, it would seem. Frankly, if no one can help you there, I am not sure you can find that help here.

However I know we have some guys working on music...I just don't know if this is simply gathering the music, or if they have successfully entered it into the game yet.

lt1956
01-03-2005, 05:28
khelvan, remember when CA said this game would be easier to edit. lol

Good work though, and maybe your work will get them going more. Personally I wonder if those TV spots they got are hurting us with the game and patches?

I mean they only have so much time.

Lt