PDA

View Full Version : Most likley Exspansion pak?

BabylonTW
01-02-2005, 10:29
i think it will be hun invasion . with attila kicking romes #$%$ what u guys think?

Didz
01-02-2005, 11:50
Attilla certainly featured heavily in Time Commanders so it seems likely he will be the feature of the expanasion.

nokhor
01-02-2005, 16:12
i'd say gallic invasions. similar in style to the mongol invasions. gallicia in spain, gaul in france and galatia in asia minor were all places named after where they settled during their invasions, so CA wouldn't have to change the time frame or the map or the cultures. i'm suprised CA didn't have them in the historical events scrolls the way they have that plague in macedonia in the beginning of the game so i'm thinking they were excluded on purpose.

Ptah
01-02-2005, 16:47
Personally, I wish for a double feature:

"The Fall of the Roman Empire" + "Alexander" as a expansion.

This will give us three ages, like we used to have in MTW.

The "early" mode, starting from 6th century BC, with faction choices of Romans, some Latin tribes, Greek city-states, Scythians, and a humongous Persian empire.. and etc etc.

The "high" mode will be standard RTW settings..

The "late" mode being between 1 AD to 5th century AD, with cool events like "spread of Christianity", "economic recession", "German invasion", "Attila the Hun", and etc.... with a huge but crumbling Roman empire, various Germanic factions, Huns, Sasanite Persia, etc etc.. with new units galore.

That'd really be a expansion pack worth buying - covering 1000 years of ancient Europe from 6th century BC to 5th century AD!

Ironside
01-02-2005, 17:12
Read my sig. :charge:

Ianofsmeg16
01-02-2005, 17:28
I reckon on the Fall of Rome for an expansion pack.
with the new roman units and tribes like the goths, saxons and huns. it may have eastern roman empire(Byzantines) and western roman empire. and hopefully a harder AI so that all our budding conquerers will break down in tears :furious3: at the sheer hardness :duel: :charge:

Spartiate
01-02-2005, 22:58
1. The Huns Invasion

2. Some title featuring Marius' Defeat of the 300,000 strong invasion from the north.

3. Caesar in Gaul

4. Conquest of Britain

master of the puppets
01-03-2005, 03:28
total war: barbarian invasion
crumbling rome being wailed on by persians, huns, ottomans in the east
ostrogoths, vandals, alans from the north franks and sueves from the west
visigoths cutting a swath in the empire and utter chaos all around

the only problem with this is that it may be a bit TOO barbaric. since rome crushed all other civilized nations (greece, carthage, egypt, selucids) there will be no good formations. the romans army at this time has been downgraded and the emperors and there families are becoming too damn prissy no more hardcore power induced ambitions or military training from birth.

Didz
01-03-2005, 10:38
TotalWar: Alexanders Campaigns (to tie in with the film)
Totalwar: Gates of Troy (to do the same, but a bit late)
Totalwar: The Art of War (China at the time of Sun Tzu)

Mind you my money is still on Attilla the Hun because I've seen the units on Time Commanders.