PDA

View Full Version : Stats Classification Project

IrishMike
01-05-2005, 02:51
Due to my great frustration, I wish to undertake an epic project to document the stats of every unit for every faction, such as attack, defense, moral, and any armor, and bonuses. The ideal is to make an easy reference guide. If this has been done before please let me know. I propose to do nothing less than catalogue the stats of every unit that can be played in the game, barring amazons, unless someone would be willing to find out their unit stats.

Please, if anyone wants to help plz feel free to pm me, and tell what factions you will be willing to find the stats for. I do realize a patch is coming out soon, but i do with to document all the stats I can so that all may be shared, and the document will be modified at the time of the patch to reflect any changes.

Thank you, and wish me luck.

Kraxis
01-05-2005, 03:51
Good luck... But honestly I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the 'simple' stats such as those we can find easily in the files then it has already been done a few times. Can only remember one off the top of my head. http://stratcommandcenter.com/rtw/units/stats/

So it is not to put you down but rather so that you don't do the job out of a desperate need.

IrishMike
01-05-2005, 03:55
Thanks Kraxis, seems they did all that I was basically gonna do. Well it seems that I won't be undertaking this project. Oh well it was a good thought at least. Once again thanks for the link, wasn't sure this had been done before, but thank god it has been. Saves me all the work. ~:cheers: I think well just let this thread quietly slip away.

Red Harvest
01-05-2005, 04:37
Unfortunately, the stats on that site aren't right for some units. I remember there were several wrong before, but they still have the wrong hit points for elephants. The others might be fixed, I can't recall what I found before. I also get some sort of error every time I click on something on the page. (I saw that when I checked it a month or so ago as well.)

If you want to see the stats in the raw, go to the export_descr_unit.txt file. It contains what you will find used in the game.

IrishMike
01-05-2005, 04:54
Hmmm.... I might consider it over a few days. Haven't completely decided if it would be worth the effort if that site already has most, even if not all are correct.

Btw, is there even a demand for this type of guide?

KiOwA
01-05-2005, 14:25
There is. For example, the base morale of most units is unknown to us, as well as many other stats (looking in the descr_unit file gets tiring after awhile).

dismal
01-06-2005, 21:12
I don't suppose we've cracked the battle engine enough to know what all those stats do yet?

The modifiers would, I guess, be added to the attack.

"Skill" and "cooldown" in particular seem mysterious.

In MTW, I understood the units took turns hacking at each other with some probability of death based on attack-defense +/- modifiers, but I've heard it mentioned that in RTW units attack at different speeds.

Simetrical
01-07-2005, 01:56
There is. For example, the base morale of most units is unknown to us, as well as many other stats (looking in the descr_unit file gets tiring after awhile).Did you look at the guide Kraxis linked to? It has base morale for all units.

I don't suppose we've cracked the battle engine enough to know what all those stats do yet?We haven't cracked the battle engine at all. We only know what the text files describes, plus what we've tested. However, that's quite a bit. We don't know exactly what a given morale number means, but the general idea is pretty clear.
[quote=dismal]"Skill" and "cooldown" in particular seem mysterious."Cooldown" is, according to the file, the minimum time in tenths of a second between attacks. "Skill" is defense skill, which is ignored against missile attacks.

-Simetrical

Simetrical
01-07-2005, 01:57
Dammit. Why can't we edit? This is ridiculous.

-Simetrical