PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Window when trying to battle in Bronze Age

kungfuserge
01-06-2005, 06:19
~:confused: hello every one; My problem is the following: I return to Window as soon as I want to battle in the BAge senario. This only occurs in the Bronze Age. Not in the other periods.
Can you help ?

kungfuserge
01-06-2005, 07:21
~:confused: In fact the return to Desktop occurs when I play the "Spatian" in Bronze Age ... I'm Lost ; Iam trying other faction ...

kungfuserge
01-06-2005, 10:35
~:confused: I've been checking it happens only with the nations surrounding the Spatians area. Invading on side or the other.

komninos
01-06-2005, 16:02
Hi,

Can't think of anything right now ... I am spending my time with RTW these days ...

We use rather large units in HTW so this might ne it ... change the size of your armies back to normal and see what happens.

kungfuserge
01-07-2005, 06:14
~:confused: Thanks answering
I'm only using the units given from the beginning of the game about 4 or 5 units I think. It happens the same I return to desktop only with the Spartian faction or any faction that tries to invade spartan.
Can anyone give me a clue ? or an hint

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-07-2005, 10:02
The BA expansion was never properly tested as we just started working on it when RTW came out and we switched our energy to the new engine.

I have packed all the files we had and released a unfinished Beta for the public and hardcore fans,but some bugs may be unsolved forgive us that we are not give you more support but at least you know why now.

HTW1 and the patches are properly tested for the record i'm speaking of the BA expansion for HTW1 only.

LZoF

kungfuserge
01-07-2005, 11:09
~:confused: I understand; It's a pity cause I like to play with the spartian; another thing is: Dead body don't show up on the field; and I have no introduction text regarding the bronze Age. Is there still noting I can do ??? (I should have the introduction text at least, because it's in the Campmap - startpost file) I am not very familiar with computer; so please be simple if you give me an answer...
thanks kungfuserge

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-07-2005, 12:34
All those things are not working as they were not created.The BA project is now our main project using the RTW engine,HTW2 so to speak.
As stated before the BA expansion for HTW1 was an uncomplete Beta release all development stopped on it.
HTW1 and the patches are finished products,the BA expansion pack for HTW1 is not.The expansion can be played but with the knowledge it is not a finished product and will not be worked on or supported anymore.

LZoF

kungfuserge
01-07-2005, 13:37
~:) Ok now it's clear;
What is BA ? an HtW for RtW (like Chivalry ?)

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-07-2005, 21:29
BA stands for Bronze Age.

LZoF

Polemides
01-08-2005, 10:22
I'm not sure if this helps but......I have found that if you have a unt in the wrong place i.e. a Macedonian unit in a Greek city, the game will crash. It is just a minor code problem I discovered while playing around with the game.

kungfuserge
01-10-2005, 06:31
I can't touch the program as I don't know the codes and how to fix the bug; but as long as the Webmaster says that it is the way it was built ...I'll just stop playing with the Bronze Age.
Ps I can feel it's easy to fix but I don't know how to do it...(like this other bug : not showing the dead bodys on the field)
thanks anyway for answering

macsen rufus
02-07-2005, 11:27
Hi Kungfuserge - I haven't tried the BA add-on yet, but from the "symptoms" you report, the first thing I would look at is the MakeUnit commands at the bottom of the startpos file, and check there is nothing being trained in Sparta that doesn't belong to the faction. I found in my slightly modded geometric era I had instant CTD when I tried to give the Lax a unit of Thrasian Peltasts, but it was okay once I'd made a new unit called Thrasian Auxiliary Peltast which was made available to the faction.

(If anyone's interested I made the Aux weaker but more disciplined than the original, but it still made the Lax overpowered in the first move ~D )

I guess the other thing to look at may be the buildings in Sparta, check they are all correct faction.

Either way, it really does seem related to Sparta from what you said... hey, it gives you a good excuse not to take on the Spartans without lookin' chicken!

I just had another read of what you said - if it's crashing on the pre-battle screen, I wonder whether one of the maps for Sparta may be missing or corrupted instead?

We WILL get this running, I want to try it, too!

macsen rufus
02-27-2005, 03:06
I had a look at BA, spent a few early games sending out my emissaries everywhere until I found crashes, and made a few changes in some of the files and added some extra shields. I can now play all factions, including Spartans (though the problem was with their neighbours the Pilosians and also the Kikonians).

I've made a ZIP archive with all the files in that need to be changed - just copy it into your HTW directory as per the original BA installation and say yes to replacing the files. Make a back up first just in case.....

It can be downloaded here (http://www.thothwebdesign.com/Hellenic/Macsen_Rufus_HTW_BA_Quickfix.zip)