PDA

View Full Version : Quick Battle Bug/Weirdness?

Kuma
01-06-2005, 09:58
I sat down and played out a few quick battles tonight ... or to be more precise, I played the same two battles I played before when I quick-battled a week or so ago. Egyptians v. Seleucids and Julii v. Gaul. Hell - I got the Egypt/Seleucid battle setup for me TWICE. Same map, same enemy units. In the two Egy/Sel battles, I got the EXACT same unit setup in both quick battles.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'd use the custom battle setup to do quick off-the-cuff battles, but since things like rank, armor and weapon upgrades don't carry from unit to unit in the army builder, that's a lot of useless clicking to set up a battle.

It's actually the one part of the game I actively dislike.

Sin Qua Non
01-06-2005, 15:24
I had the same problem with both RTW and MTW. It actually goes right down to the name of the captains for each side. Try to play quick battle as any faction. Then exit out, go back in, and play the same faction. The captain name will be the same. Bah. The only way around I know of is to create custom battles with as many random aspects as possible.

AggonyDuck
01-06-2005, 16:46
Actually quick battles are pregenerated battles made by CA and the only thing random about them is which battle you will get... ~;)
(atleast I think it's like that)