PDA

View Full Version : Faction not doing enough of 'it'

rebelscum
01-06-2005, 17:21
I'm playing the Greek Cities. One thing I noticed is that my fine Greek men are not doing enough of 'it'. Therefore I have very few children come of age. Does disease knock off one or two (?). From all accounts the ancient Greeks bred like rabbits. So what is going on? :book:

Rurik the Chieftain
01-06-2005, 17:25
Well, family members breed on their own, and there isn't too much you can do about it.

You might want to try leaving them in a temple of some god of fertility or love, as they can pick up ancillaries or traits that help with that sort of thing.

Disease probably doesn't help either.

But all in all, your family members have children on their own.

Mikeus Caesar
01-06-2005, 19:35
Well, they do say that some of the greeks lent a bit to the bendy side, if ya know what i mean. And if they're not doing it with the ladies, then that means no kids, and that means no empire.

zhuge
01-06-2005, 20:07
Well, I believe you can get more generals just by having more territory as it appears the game will give you more generals when your number of regions: number of generals ratio exceeds a certain amount. This will come in the form of adoptions or births. When I was blitzing my Greek campaign, towards the end, I was getting 1 adoption almost every turn.

But if you really only want more births, I suppose you can build fertility temples (ie Ceres) which tend to give any general in the city the Fertile set of traits, which increase the probability of getting offspring. There might be retinue members which do the same thing as well, but I'm not really sure.

HarunTaiwan
01-07-2005, 04:22
I'm playing my first Greek campaign and have tons of kids.

I also plan a simply route for the kiddies.

Sparta has Nike, Corinth has Aphrodiote, and Athens, Athena.

Larissa has Hermes.

This way you can usually add a few priests to their retinue and for sure you can keep your core governors with 3 out of 4 of the priests...makes them managers extraordinaire.