PDA

View Full Version : When I'm sixty-four...

Count Fudgula
01-06-2005, 18:09
Does anyone have any tips on prolonging the (natural!) life expectancy of your family members?

Anyone got any really old fellas flying around on horseback? Or anyone who passed away before their time without the aid of an assassins knife or a barbarians axe?

Just trying to find the general life expectancy of, well, ... Generals!

the tokai
01-06-2005, 18:15
On the .com there was someone with a screenshot of a general who was over 100 years old and also someone who said that he knew someone who got a general of over 120 years old. The first one is true but i have my doubts about the last one... But in general my family members get about 60-75 years old.

Barbarossa82
01-06-2005, 18:20
My oldest ever family member was an Egyptian faction leader who passed away at the grand old age of 82. Incidentally, while surveying his traits and retainers, I noticed that he had a retainer with the official title of "Tender of the Royal Backside". Perhaps his careful ministrations helped Pharaoh's longevity!

Tamur
01-06-2005, 22:39
I've seen them as old as 85 and dying of natural causes as young as 59. Average seems to be as tokai noted - late sixties.

As for longevity traits, there don't seem to be any. There are traits named 'lively', 'energetic', 'blessed with vitality', etc, but these are management and construction bonuses rather than longevity bonuses.

Places where you'd expect some sort of longevity trait to show up (like the very fargone drinker trait 'paralytic'), there's nothing there either. Although this is ad nihil evidence, I think it's fairly strong.

Blitz
01-07-2005, 04:25
well to tell the truth there is some kind of a glitch that will make your commander/ general live longer. It is by loading the previous save.
So if your general died in the next turn you quickly load again then the next turn he wont died. My longest one so far was at the age of 98. If your general still died no matter how many load you have done then you need to move the general somewhere like making a fort or transfer to other city.

So if you want your general to live longer you better start quick saving before you end your turn

~D

derF
01-07-2005, 12:08
A yes the random seed thingy.

The Tuffen
01-07-2005, 12:15
I've got a guy who lived into his 100's. Think he lived till 104 + he was also the one that lead the attack on Rome.

Edit:

Here's my general just before he led the attack on Rome

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/4687/oldgeneral.jpg