PDA

View Full Version : Rome's grand army

Dutch_guy
01-07-2005, 17:41
I was playing a Scipii short campain,and had the Marius Reform ( Cathage is a fast growing city !) when I noticed that the SPQR army had just disapeared from the face of the earth ! I then checked every ship that they had, for their missing full stack army... no luck in their ships ( I should have known that the SPQR army never moves to another province and never conqueres (?) any provinces )
That kind of sucked since I was looking forward to the massive battle you always get before the grassy hills of Rome, which in al of my games was one of my best battles.
has any one ever seen this happen before ?

Lichgod
01-07-2005, 19:41
Interesting. I have seen the Senate army march into other Roman faction territory to fight invaders, especially if in a provence next to Rome. Could be this happened and they lost.

Or the AI disbanded them when the reforms occurred to build new units?

Dutch_guy
01-07-2005, 20:44
well I haven't seen any foreign invaders, since the julii were still in the north it would be very unlikley (?() that the invaders went right past the julii, and past me ( me as in the city of Capua ) from the south.
I have only seen the senate army kill a few rebel armies, in their borders or just next to it. never a 2 turn journey.

and I have played a couple of games as Romans when I attacked the SPQR army with my legionaire cohorts etc. but they still had their triarii and so on no new post marius army's

as for the disbanding, that could have happand , be really weird though..
~:eek:
thanks for your comments on this BTW

Uesugi Kenshin
01-08-2005, 04:36
If you were at war at the time that you looked for them they may be hiding in the woods..... Sleeping one off maybe?

Mikeus Caesar
01-08-2005, 15:41
Actually, i've noticed that. I turn on the toggle_fow cheat, because i like to know what's happening, when suddenly the SPQR did it's magic disappearing trick. One turn the stack is there, the next it has vanished.

Siris
01-08-2005, 15:45
They could be in hiding in some woods for an ambush, or prehaps they garrisoned in the city?

Dutch_guy
01-09-2005, 16:46
don't think so Siris you then should be able to see them, you always see the Roman factions even when they ambush and garrison in city's