PDA

View Full Version : AI save/spend adjustment bar

Guthwyn
01-07-2005, 23:50
Hi everyone. I'm curious whether anyone has tried adjusting the AI's spend versus save policy during a game (it can be found in your faction information screen, I believe). I'm hoping that it would be a way to assist the AI in building later (i.e. more expensive) buildings and units, if timed correctly. I'm curious whether anyone has experimented with its effects on AI behaviour, and whether it results in a more competitive later game.
I'd try it myself, but my computer won't run RTW, so I only get to play occassionally at a friend's house. In my last game, I took the Selucids to an advanced stage, but I noticed that the smaller factions really hadn't advanced much, and that the Romans (a much richer faction) had spent all their money on pre-Marian troops. I'll say that this is better than the huge peasant/urban militia armies the computer would have later in MTW, but I'd still like to face their best versus mine.
Any comments on your experiences are welcome.

Thanks,

Guthwyn

Brighdaasa
01-08-2005, 00:10
i'm afraid you misinterpreted the AI spending slider: it only sets the behaviour for the automanagement AI in your cities without a general. You can tell the governor to spend as much as he can of *your* treasury or to save some for you to spend.

Guthwyn
01-08-2005, 00:18
Do'h!
Man, I was really hoping that it was something more. Like I had found a novel way in which to manipulate the AI into making better financial decisions. Oh well, I guess I'll look up the cheat that lets me give other factions large sums of money.
Thanks for the reply.

Guthwyn

Oaty
01-08-2005, 18:19
Do'h!
Man, I was really hoping that it was something more. Like I had found a novel way in which to manipulate the AI into making better financial decisions. Oh well, I guess I'll look up the cheat that lets me give other factions large sums of money.
Thanks for the reply.

Guthwyn

Do that and prepare to have your cities bought out. Then you usually just take a unit and march it back in the city and laugh at there wasted money.