PDA

View Full Version : strange loss of money

kralj
01-08-2005, 13:47
HI!

Each turn I press End turn button, suddenly I loose about 2000-4000 denarii.
This loss is not shown in the End turn report. The total treasury reports
more money than I acctualy have. This is quite annoying because I dont know
where that money is going and how to stop it.

I would appreciate each advice...

I am playing long imperial campaign with House of Julii, I've conquered
about 35 provinces and am about to attack Rome. At the momoent I do not have any protectorates, but I used to have Spain, before it was destroyed by the rebels.

Mikeus Caesar
01-08-2005, 15:32
That will probably be your army. But then again, your army would suck up more money than that.....why not try doing five different campaigns, and see if the same thing happens? If not, then go back to the julii game, and thoroughly examine your finances. It might be corruption or something.

kralj
01-08-2005, 15:49
That will probably be your army. But then again, your army would suck up more money than that.....why not try doing five different campaigns, and see if the same thing happens? If not, then go back to the julii game, and thoroughly examine your finances. It might be corruption or something.

Well, my army takes about 70000, and I loose about 25000 to corruption. This is all shown in End turn report. But this loss is NOT shown. The report shows more money than I actually have.
I was experimented a bit and noticed that when my treasure goes bellow zero, I no longer lose money. Very confusing... ~:confused:

Ziu
01-08-2005, 17:28
Have you become some city's protectorate?
Apparently there is a money loss problem with that.

Oaty
01-08-2005, 18:39
Have you become some city's protectorate?
Apparently there is a money loss problem with that.

The A.I. will never ask someone to be a protectrate with 35 provinces.

Turn the A.I. spend policy all the way down. My guess is the A.I. is buiding in towns that you allowed them to do construction in. Either that or your game has become corrupted and your only choice is to start a new game.

kralj
01-09-2005, 03:50
I've tried that, I lowered the AI spend policy, but it didn't help :embarassed: Any more ideas?
I really wouldn't like to abandon my current game for it is going so well...

Mikeus Caesar
01-09-2005, 14:40
I have one last answer, but it probably won't work....maybe there are some rebels hiding in the fog of war that are cutting off your trade routes? And there might also be some enemy ships on top of your sea trade routes. But if this aint the case, then i recommend aborting the game.

kralj
01-09-2005, 16:26
I have one last answer, but it probably won't work....maybe there are some rebels hiding in the fog of war that are cutting off your trade routes? And there might also be some enemy ships on top of your sea trade routes. But if this aint the case, then i recommend aborting the game.

Yes, it came to my mind, too, but I think it's not that.

Finally, I think I found who is stilling my hard earned money! It's the bl**dy ARENAS! Each turn I am loosing the exact amount of money which is already spent for entertainment. I even (for testing only) burned down all the arenas and hippodromes throughout my empire, but the financial summary still show that I spend the same amount of money for entertainment.

Basically, the game calculates entertainment expenditure twice!

One other thing cames to my mind: when I conquered Carthage, I built arena. When I went to see how the city looks like(little magnifier icon), there was no arena! It only showed up when I upgraded it to amphiteatre.

Could this possible be Yet Another Bug?

Any ideas how to fix this? I really don't wont to abandon the game because there is still plenty of lands left to be conquered!