PDA

View Full Version : Food Imports?

Arkatreides
01-10-2005, 00:30
How do these work? What determines how much a city receives and where do they come from?

Thanks in advance

KiOwA
01-10-2005, 15:02
Food imports/exports are currently bugged, the city that is exporting grain is receiving the pop. growth bonus, instead of the city that is importing it. This explains why cities such as carthage and memphis often grow to humongous levels.

Oaty
01-11-2005, 00:39
Food imports/exports are currently bugged, the city that is exporting grain is receiving the pop. growth bonus, instead of the city that is importing it. This explains why cities such as carthage and memphis often grow to humongous levels.

If I'm correct I believe it works correctly over land but not by sea. Anyways if a city is trading grain it gets a population boost of 1.5 percent, if it's importing grain from 2 different cities it gets a 3 percent boost. No extra bonuses if it is trading with 3 different cities with grain as 3 percent is the cutoff, at least I'm pretty sure about 3 percent being the cutoff.

KiOwA
01-11-2005, 02:13
How does the game determine which cities import grain and which cities don't?

Oaty
01-11-2005, 04:27
How does the game determine which cities import grain and which cities don't?

Carhtage has grain. So all the neighboring provinces recieve grain imports, but grain only get's exported to provinces you own if I'm correct. where it's bugged is if Carthage is exporting to Caralis it does not get the grain bonus.

Whenever I owned Siwa they never recieved grain imports unless I own 1 or more of the Nile cities and if I own all 3 Siwa will only import grain from 2 of the cities and that's where the 3 percent limit comes from.