PDA

View Full Version : New Unit Skins? Alternate Spartan, Is There More?

Siris
01-10-2005, 04:28
Goto this site, RTW's main website, and you will notice the new Spartan unit that they've got there. Now I was wondering if they could take out the black long hair, and put on black armor like that worn of Achilles in the Movie Troy.

http://www.totalwar.com/community/newunits.htm

But leave the current helm (head piece), the spear, etc, but make the shield black, full armor just like the stuff worn by Achilles in that movie & his men, but with the same helm but mabye black in color, and with the ability to use the normal sword that they have, but to not fight in a freaking phalanx, but like the Trearri do with the Romans, but still be intensily meanacing fighters. I want these so bad so I can re-inact the seige of Troy, and build a new Empire in a new campaign! Also have the hair's on the helm black, not red, make it just like their armor is in the movie. Can anyone assist?

Also, do you know where there are other skin mod's that I can view, download, & install?

And the picture I have below, is one I found on the internet, google image search, I dont know where it was, but I dont care for it much.

Es Arkajae
01-10-2005, 04:34
Actually I rather like the one you have in your sig, the red cloak is fine (one can just assume that there is armour under the cloak), but its the helmet and shield that look so much better. It was always the crappy helmet and shield that botherd me about the unit

The alternative Spartan that CA came up with does indeed look cool and mean but its just bad that except for the helmet it has all the equipment of an impoversished militia hoplite.

Siris
01-10-2005, 04:39
Here's the site where I found my Spartan picture, but I want the Agema Phalangites unit, it looks so awesome! Those are what I'm looking for. I know that they exist because even the History channel has used them for their show's, and I want those kinds of soliders so badly! Same with the ones resembling Achilles armor looking style.

http://www.freewebs.com/rometotalwar/units.htm

As I stated above this Spartan would be good if he had some freaking chest armor, I hate the bare skinness.

"Agema Phalangites
The Agema are an elite amongst hoplites, a guard recruited from amongst seasoned veterans to protect the King's person on the battlefield. They are also deliberately prevented from gaining any provincial connections that might further the interests of rebellious nobles. They are fiercely loyal to the crown and have correspondingly high morale in the field - they will rarely run, even when all seems lost. They are also trained to route march for long distances with full equipment. Agema hoplites are equipped with good armour, greaves, helmets and traditional hoplon shields, and carry the 2.5m xyston thrusting spear and a sword. They are employed as shock troops, trained to carry out complex tactical actions, and can act as a phalanx as well as in more flexible formations. They need fear few other troops, but can be vulnerable to missile attacks and flanking attacks by cavalry unless properly supported by other friendly units."

Near the bottom of the page you'll see them, as well as my Spartans pic. Where do I get those downloads!

Es Arkajae
01-10-2005, 04:49
Yeah they look alright too, I wouldn't mind them either.:)

Heck quite a few of those units at that site look better than the ones we got in game, especially for the barbarian factions~p

Besieger
01-10-2005, 04:56
hey siris....i got a pic of a greek warrior....dun know if its the one u want....but i cant seem to add it into my sig...can U TEACH me how?

Siris
01-10-2005, 04:56
Since they are there, then they've obviously been already created; we just need to find out where we can get them our selves!

Siris
01-10-2005, 14:50
Come on guys! We need more input here to get more results; if anyone knows any more information on the matter?!

Proletariat
01-11-2005, 00:28
Come on guys! We need more input here to get more results; if anyone knows any more information on the matter?!

I like these alot, but the mod isn't finished. When I first saw them... :jawdrop:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16527

master of the puppets
01-11-2005, 03:39
thats cool proletariet are you "funeral dress?"

Proletariat
01-11-2005, 05:40
Oh, not at all! I don't know anything about how to do those kind of things, just an admirer, master.

Kraxis
01-11-2005, 12:04
Yeah, I must say that those Spartans with the cloak on the left side look rather stunning. They would fit perfectly a 500BC mod, or any game where the player want cool Spartans.
So all you people out there, go take a look at them if you haven't already.

Siris
01-11-2005, 15:45
But I want a Spartan unit or Armoured Hoplite unit that is more like a Triarrii formation of spears, that have no cloack, black shield with some design (no pictures!), black helms with the horizontal or vertical black hair thing, black armour on the chest & upper torso, brown or black sandels, and the ability to fight with a sword up close, and run very fast with a double click. -- like in the movie Troy, Achilles Marmuden, I dont want red, red is gay! Lets get black going on, make them more fierce! Same type helmets & layout as the stuff Brad Pitt wore in that movie, it would be freaking awesome to have an army of 3,000 of them running to charge the enemy.

Kraxis
01-11-2005, 16:42
Then why not search for any of the Trojan War mods that are being made? I have heard about them a few times, but have yet to see anything. And really, you should be talking about this in the mod department.

doc_bean
01-11-2005, 23:01
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15701

has 2 near the bottom

and some very cool other units as well
(I found it when browsing the Europa Barbarorum forum)

Siris
01-12-2005, 03:35
I'm here so I can get a wider variety of people, the more people, the better the odds of me finding a link where I can get them. :bow:

Trojan War mods? Never heard of them, but I'll check it out, but all I really want is just a better elite greek unit, and that new spartan that was released is gay, I hate the bare chestedness, I like chest plate armor.