PDA

View Full Version : Facing question in battle..

dragion
01-10-2005, 05:40
At the start of a battle in the deployment phase, is there anyway to alter the facing of a unit.

I find my units at odd facing before i start the battle, just wondered if there was any way to change it.

Thanks.

SOSamurai
01-10-2005, 10:43
A simple right click & hold while having a unit (or units) selected can allow you to change formation and direction of the selected unit(s). I'm guessing that's what you mean. If you didn't know how to do that I'm suprised you didn't get frustrated sooner. Deployment would be a pain without it.

dragion
01-10-2005, 12:03
Thanks, i will try that.

It was a bit frustrating, but the armies start so far apart its a hassle, but not impossble to reiorient them before they clash.

Thanks again.

Fridge
01-10-2005, 17:06
If you mean just changing facing without altering formation, < and > rotate the selected unit (it tends to get confused with more than one). Very useful! (They are all on the back of the manual as well, you know...)

Kraxis
01-11-2005, 01:03
If you mean just changing facing without altering formation, < and > rotate the selected unit (it tends to get confused with more than one). Very useful! (They are all on the back of the manual as well, you know...)
And in many keyboards those keys are in fact , and . try them out. It is far from perfect, and nowhere as good as the old Alt-rightclick from STW and MTW, but it will get the job done (although personally I find it rather annoying).