PDA

View Full Version : khelvan I got the Stone throwing Ballistas worked out

lt1956
01-11-2005, 01:01
Hello khelvan,

I already have the Stone throwing Ballistas worked out and someone I know made me a Boulder that is the correct size. You mentioned about EB being a community mod and though I am not part of your group I would like to share this if it will 1. save you time, 2. help with your Mod. ~:)

I removed the use to the Repeating Ballista and used its cas for the Stone throwing version. I also used the Regular Ballista animations because they fire slower. Instead of adding another entry in the Projectiles which didnt seem to work as well I used the unkown entry which worked perfect.

If your interested let me know and I'll send you the files I edited. You mentioned how Siege engines haven't been gone over much yet, this may save your team some time and testing. It works great, by the way and looks 100% better than just a ballista.

Lt1956

khelvan
01-11-2005, 19:33
Sounds great!

You should contact Shigawire and work with him, he is in charge of that area of the mod now.

By the way, did you ever contact Aymar about working together?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
01-11-2005, 21:31
Nope. He hasn't... You bad boy, lt1956!! :furious3:

:director: Join EB now!!! :army:

DemonArchangel
01-11-2005, 22:46
http://www.romans-in-britain.org.uk/mil_roman_artillery.htm

There was actually a repeating ballista, it was invented by the Romans too.

Ranika
01-11-2005, 23:44
The Roman invasion of Britain began in 43 AD, after the game ends (this discludes Caesar's previous invasions in 55 and 54 BC). Just saying the Roman's had the repeating ballista isn't enough, I believe most of the team who commented on it were fully aware of its existence, but believe it to be out of our period. Do you have a time frame for the creation of the repeating ballista?

lt1956
01-12-2005, 03:44
Where do I sign up. :-)

Does Shigawire have an email? I can get this to you guys ASAP.

I think you guys will like it.

Lt

Aymar de Bois Mauri
01-12-2005, 05:19
Send me a PM and you'll know all about it...

lt1956
01-12-2005, 09:26
I PMed you.

Lt

Catiline
01-12-2005, 11:46
The Roman invasion of Britain began in 43 AD, after the game ends (this discludes Caesar's previous invasions in 55 and 54 BC). Just saying the Roman's had the repeating ballista isn't enough, I believe most of the team who commented on it were fully aware of its existence, but believe it to be out of our period. Do you have a time frame for the creation of the repeating ballista?
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/RepCatapult.htm

that's mid C3 BC

eadingas
01-12-2005, 12:16
Was Diodorus' device ever repeated? Perhaps it's just as anecdotal as Archimedes' mirrors (which are described on the same site)...

lt1956
01-14-2005, 02:54
Does Shigawire needs these anymore? I feel like a 5th wheel. lol

I'm been trying to find out how to get them to him, but without an address you cant post files in the threads. I posted in the special forum also, but only 9 reads and no replies.

Lt_1956

I pretty much done with my mod until the patch, so I got time to kill. :-)

If you want me to work on anything let me know. I dont mind working on other things, keeps me sharp on the RTW editing scene and may help EB. I think its the first historical Realism mod to be made and its exciting.

khelvan
01-14-2005, 05:26
Your best bet is to limit this conversation to the other thread in the private forum. You seem to be in an extreme rush. Sometimes it takes days for a response, just relax and wait for it.

Or better yet, catch Shigawire on one of the various instant messenger programs he uses.

lt1956
01-14-2005, 06:08
I forgot about the slower pace, sorry :-)

I just try to get things handed over and out, I've always hated work hanging over my head. lol

Its been a little time already since I ask how to contact, So I thought I let enough time pass, but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep the several days in mind from now on. Dont worry. :-)

Lt

Callatian
01-14-2005, 12:45
lt1956 nice to seeya here :) I've told you long ago that your stats enorm experience will use us well here to :) Long Live TTO and his projects !

Shigawire
01-14-2005, 13:47
Oh heya, sorry everyones talking about me I feel embarassed. :embarassed:
Ok, here I am. I'm so sorry. Yes, I am responsible for the Siege warfare aspect. I recieved your email Lt, but I am in no way skilled in reading the stuff. I am merely the 'organizer' of the siege warfare aspect, or as I prefer to use my self-appointed title "Dictator Machinator" ~D

I just began laying down the basics of what we need for this aspect, and you came at the precisely right moment. We were about to recruit someone like yourself as well as 3d-artists. We would definitely need someone like you, who knows the RTW "code", to help with this siege warfare "taskforce".

Why don't you join EB? ~:cheers:

:party2:

Callatian
01-14-2005, 14:07
Why don't you join EB? ~:cheers:
:party2:

I've asked him for a long time now to join the TTO EB project....from the time when the EB Mod team Merged in the TTO Organization. I see he finnaly decided to join. So if the creator of the SPQR Realism Mod joins the EB I can declare EB a major project of EB and incrise the number of resources transmitted to EB via TWC I will be able also to make a new sub-forum on TWC named Europa Barbarorum.

Shigawire
01-14-2005, 14:23
As a Quaestor on TWC, I currently have the power to make a subforum for EB if people want it. Though I don't know if it's such a good idea to spread the juice all over the place when we can keep it concentrated here. What would be the arguments to setup a subforum in TWC?

Callatian
01-14-2005, 15:00
As a Quaestor on TWC, I currently have the power to make a subforum for EB if people want it. Though I don't know if it's such a good idea to spread the juice all over the place when we can keep it concentrated here. What would be the arguments to setup a subforum in TWC?

Thanks I've already PMd and explain this to Sib. Thanks again (It's more about the TTOs internal workings and forum on TWC - We already have 3 TTO EB forums this one one secret at .org and a TTO.org work storeing forum - the one subforum in TTO/TWC it's designed mostly for PR and resources stuff and staff ...we usualy do our work in the secret forum wich is many times bigger that what you see here)

LOLL.....ahhh you already know about the secret forum...what was I thinking ~:confused: ~D

lt1956
01-15-2005, 04:14
Callatian,

Well I thought I might be able to help and since I am pretty much done with the new version of SPQR which will be released after the patch, I thought I could share some things I have learned and keep my skills sharp and learn some things also. The stone Ballista's is some small little thing I know is historical. lol And my little contribution to the realism of the mod. SPQR cant really be called realism which is why I am changing it to SPQR:Total War. lol

Shigawire,

Glad you have the files. I can add those files and do ANY adjustments in to the stick files being used for EB, just send them too me and I will add them in for your beta testers. I would need the same files though I sent, but in your EB format. I also gave Aymar some Stats I am using on the latest version of SPQR that really increases battles to very long times. I've actually had battles where I could watch the line start to waver and have time to send in fresh troops, such a relief from Vanilla. lol

Keep me informed, I have no problem working under your department since Siege weapons are technically units. Let me know what you would like me to do or what you want to see is possible.

Lt