PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

frisian28ad
01-11-2005, 01:18
Hello,

Well respected EB members, this is my first post on a forum ever. But I follow the EB topic way before even RTW was released. Currently I am working on an essay about the republic roman army. I use a lot of material from the greek historian Polybius, he writes about the roman army in great detail. I was wondering if you use sources of Polybius it might help you, so you can tweak your units to an even higher perfection and I meant no disrepespect.
I also have request I am aware that it is a bit late to mention, and I fully understand it if you put my request a side. Is it possible to put a frisian (mercenary)unit in EB? It is named after all barbarorum, so if it is not to late you can consider it.
You are doing a great job, and your historical accuracy is great. This is the only real mod for RTW!

Thanks...

SaFe
01-11-2005, 13:02
At the moment we are thinking about a Province Tribus Frisii or Tribus Chaucii of the germanic faction.
It it not yet decided.

Greetings
SaFe

frisian28ad
01-11-2005, 14:55
Is there anyway I could convince you to make Tribus Frisii?

Greetings...

eadingas
01-11-2005, 15:18
What is so specific about Frisians that they should have a separate unit?

khelvan
01-11-2005, 19:06
We have two members who speak ancient latin, so Polybius is a primary source for us. In fact, all arguments tend to fall back on our available primary sources, and Polybius is one of the best. (All roads lead to Rome...*snicker*)