PDA

View Full Version : Armour Upgrade Question

John Woods
01-11-2005, 06:13
Hi,

I understand the experience and weapons upgrades but when do the armour upgrades appear? You have chevrons for experience, a slash for weapons and a shield for armour. I am in 186 BC as the Seleucids, all buildings are built etc. Do these armour upgrades come when your experience is maxed out at 3 gold chevrons? No problem giving myself armour in the beggining of the game in the text file..

John

Somebody Else
01-11-2005, 07:53
If you train your units in a town with an armourer - the next level above a blacksmith, you should have a unit with extra armour. A foundry will increase it even more. To aquire the maximum level of armouring, you'll need a temple - Vulcan, or Hephaestus or something.

Sinner
01-11-2005, 11:05
For maximum armour, you'll need a foundry - so that means a huge city - plus one of the following temples:

Armenia: Awesome Temple of Vahagan (no Pantheon)
Dacians: Sacred Circle of Zalmoxis
Egypt: Temple City of Horus
Scipii: Large Temple of Vulcan or greater, Pantheon of Neptune, Pantheon of Saturn
Seleucids: Large Temple of Hephaestus or greater

Everybody else either needs to capture one of the above and swallow the temple's culture penalty or do without. Silver looks nicer than gold anyway.

Personally, while I can understand the Battleforge and Forge temples providing a bonus, I'm somewhat bemused about the Law and Naval temples even if it is only at the Pantheon/Temple City level. A better case could be made for any of the more combat orientated gods.

lars573
01-11-2005, 17:49
It's because at the pantheon and temple city levels you get the max temple bonus of the god it was originally for plus level 1 or level 2 bonus of the temples you didn't build. So for the Scipii when you build a pantheon of Saturn this panteon has a temple of Neptune and a temple of Vulcan inside it. Also if you look at an imperial palace level city with the pantheon built you can see several smaller temple buildings around the huge acropolis and shrines all over the city.

drone
01-11-2005, 18:02
It's because at the pantheon and temple city levels you get the max temple bonus of the god it was originally for plus level 1 or level 2 bonus of the temples you didn't build. So for the Scipii when you build a pantheon of Saturn this panteon has a temple of Neptune and a temple of Vulcan inside it. Also if you look at an imperial palace level city with the pantheon built you can see several smaller temple buildings around the huge acropolis and shrines all over the city.
I never really noticed that, even though it's pretty clear if you read the temple stats. Shows how much I'm paying attention. Does this mean governors in cities with top level temples are subject to VnVs from all three temple types?

lars573
01-11-2005, 23:58
Dont' really know about the VnV thing never noticed what kind of VnV's that they catch at the pantheon level. But I doubt that they would let them get VnV's from all three temple lines.

Simetrical
01-12-2005, 02:26
No, pantheons only give their original temple's VnV's.

-Simetrical

drone
01-13-2005, 00:23
Thanks for the info. Be pretty funny though, a governor in a city with a Jupiter pantheon, the high priest walks into the palace, governor passed out in a pool of vomit, wine everywhere. "Damn that priest of Bacchus, I told him never to come here!"