PDA

View Full Version : Red ... the color of Rome

ElGuapo
01-11-2005, 17:29
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change the colors of the factions, during tactical battles? It'd be nice if the faction you played was always red... not to be a colorist here, but I always associate red with Rome. The legions on the field always look a bit off when I play anyone other than the Julii.

I'm sure others agree, as every wallpaper or artwork I've ever seen has the Romans in red.

Byzantine Prince
01-11-2005, 17:48
Racist!!!!

lol, jk. I'm sure you'll find some mod for this on http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/

Nelson
01-11-2005, 20:19
The legions on the field always look a bit off when I play anyone other than the Julii.

I couldn't agree more. I played the blue Scipii and always thought they looked wierd. The Parthians in their purple pajamas are revolting to behold. I'd sooner evade than invade Parthia just so I don't need to look at them.

IMO the best looking troops belong to Carthage, Julii, Spain, Greece, Dacia, the Seleucids, Macedon and Germany. All the others are too day-glo.

Zorn
01-11-2005, 20:50
When I first saw parthian eastern infantery in a recorded game, I thought somebody tried to be funny and customized them in a weird way.
I was stunned when I found out that they really look like that in the game.
I mean, the look like... walking condomes.

Barbarossa82
01-11-2005, 22:24
At least with the Brutii you get the feeling that you are commanding the Romans from the Asterix books. As Parthians it's more like you're in charge of a Pride march!

Wrangel
01-12-2005, 01:51
In the RTR (Rome Total Realism) 4.1 i'm almost sure that all romans are red on the battle map, but the Scipii and the Brutii has some elements of blue or green, for example their shield or something like that...

Attalus
01-12-2005, 02:17
Try Abu's Roman textures and/or Agrippa's Legio 2 (DL from TWC).

They look reeeel good together!

Also at TWC, Webbird has released New skins for the Roman units...all sort of reddish brown tunics, but with family markings..DL is a little bit fiddly, but interesting!

Other than that...no, you can't change them without a mod

-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die

ElGuapo
01-12-2005, 19:55
I hate to be the n00b, but I dl'ed all of webbird's textures. There are no instructions per se ... it looks like you put them into:

data\unit_models

then create a new directory called "textures".

Do you then have to rename "caseare" to the faction name? If you just copy them, it doesn't seem to work. Does it work with custom battles and campaign, or only campaign?

The install instructions are non-existant.

Attalus
01-13-2005, 13:26
The readme is in the Rom Brutii.zip

It's basically a cut'n'paste job and you have to rename a few files (tga,gloss etc)... :dizzy2:

I personally didn't like them...try Abu's textures instead! ~:cheers:

and seriously..Agrippa Legio2...must have... ~;)

-Attalus-
Fool me once...shame on you
Fool me twice...prepare to die

(I sound like an Ad....sheesh!! :embarassed: )

Kraxis
01-13-2005, 18:00
If you really want to be serious about the colours, then let the Hastati be white (with the apropriate colours on shields and where you find it proper), the Principes be white where their clothes are visible and the Triarii in whatever colour you like (same with Equites).