PDA

View Full Version : The most important units buffs?

Biggus Diccus
01-11-2005, 19:12
I am a total noob with this game, and I wondered what is more important for army units:

-general's command star rating
-unit morale and morale bonus from general/retinue
-unit experience rating
-weapon/armour upgrades

I see that experience and upgrades affect unit stats directly, but morale and command stars obviusly affect unit performace as well.

The_678
01-11-2005, 21:02
Along the same lines, what exactly does a General's command rating do? I know that it somehow makes your units better, but just how? In MTW you had the morale and experiance, is it the same?

master of the puppets
01-11-2005, 21:29
well the command stars allow your general to be really good without your control. a veteran general with tens stars and 5 crappy units could get a heroic victory against a captain with twenty good units on auto-resolve.
experiance in units gives them higher attack, defence, and fight much better ~:cheers:

Oaty
01-12-2005, 00:03
The most important thing for your units is to have a buddy standing right next to them. The next important thing is not to allow your cavaly to be engaged for too long as bogged down cavalry start dying off quickly. Another important thing for your units is not to allow a unit to get isolated, pay attention to when PART of the enemy line breaks because you could suddenly have that unit surrounded and noone nearby.

Follow those rules and you don't have to worry about expeience because they'll gain it. You wo'nt have to worry about morale as you have kept your army protected. You wo'nt have to worry about stars because your general will gain them. finally you won't have to worry about upgrades because if you win you will have the money to upgrade them.

But as far as upgrades go they are nice to have but have very little improvement for elite units. Take some naked fanatics with an attack of approximately 16 now that blacksmith adds 1 to there attack bringing it to 17. About a 7 percent improvement in there attack. Now take some town watch with an attack if 4 and give them that new weapon and they now have an attack of 5, a 20 percent improvement. Anything to give you that CUTTING edge in battle.

Now after writing all this I think I realise what your real question might be, and that is what temple to build as there are temples that improve morale, experience, and weapon/armour upgrades but not command stars,at least not that I am aware of.

Well I'd have to say experience temples offer the best advantage. I always go for happiness buildings as that means less troops are needed to maintain the city.

Arkatreides
01-12-2005, 00:54
But as far as upgrades go they are nice to have but have very little improvement for elite units. Take some naked fanatics with an attack of approximately 16 now that blacksmith adds 1 to there attack bringing it to 17. About a 7 percent improvement in there attack. Now take some town watch with an attack if 4 and give them that new weapon and they now have an attack of 5, a 20 percent improvement. Anything to give you that CUTTING edge in battle.

Well, this kind of depends on the battle mechanics calculations. If it works like MTW, then only the difference between the attackers attack and defenders defense matters so no matter who gets the upgrade the difference is still the same.