PDA

View Full Version : Union Of Kalmar (Scandinavia)

QwertyMIDX
01-12-2005, 07:31
From 1399-1523 government of Scandinavia was centralized in Denmark under the Kalmar Union. I hope your Danish/Swedish faction will reflect this.

Ignoramus
02-07-2005, 05:44
I suggested most of the Danish units. And I can assure you they are indicating this. For instance: Scandinavian Cavalry, (possible) Norse Spearmen, (possible) Swedish Artillery, Viking Axemen. As well as Danish units, Danish Swordsmen, Danish Knights. So don't get too worried.

Celtic_Winter
02-09-2005, 01:55
this is a good idea. I had considered it before. It would make the Scandinavian fans happy to see their nations in there :charge:

massamuusi
02-09-2005, 19:25
Umm... So, all norwegian, swedish, danish and finnish infantry and cavalry and such would just be "Scandinavian" ??
The actual question that results from that would be, are they similar enough to be considered the same?
And once the Kalmari breaks down (historical event anyone- massive uprising in sweden, possibly swedish faction emerging, similar to appearance of golden horde, and available in the later periods?) the swedish uprising, make it a faction or don't, would have swedish infantry and such.

I haven't checked it out yet, but I wonder, did swedes ever recruit from baltics where they ruled, estonians, lithuanians, latvians? I don't think they took any germans from the north german cities, except mercenaries, perhaps?

Don't know what you're planning to do, but the breakdown just has to be represented by a massive uprising in sweden. Of course it would be historically best to have them emerge as a new faction, if it's possible. They did, after all, becom a major power later.

I'm sorry if I sound overenthusiastic, but that's just cause I don't know much about the technical status of your project. Also I don't know what you can and can't do.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-10-2005, 04:31
We can do a lot, but we cannot have an infinite number of factions, wish CA had made a higher limit instead of leaving it at 20 or so. I do not know enough about this myself to know. Somebody educate me!

massamuusi
02-11-2005, 12:50
Well, sweden isn't going to be a country until pretty late of the era depicted in the mod, right?

So, check out if any countries have been annexed by that time. Turks/ottomans at least rule quite a big territory by the time of Kalmari union breaking down. I'm not sure, but there's a good chance some of the in game factions aren't around at the time of the KU breakdown, if you choose the late starting period, if there is one.

It would really be quite easy with a late starting period I think. Was egypt already been conquered by Turks? If so, that would make an empty slot for at least one other faction.

Just thinking. Also, if it starts 1500 something, the late start setting, how big are the byzantines then? 1 province and in serious decline? Now, they are in the early parts of the game, could they be declared dead faction by 1500 and have them replaced by an emerging faction`?

Just some thoughts.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-12-2005, 02:07
We start in 1400 I believe and the Byzantines had one or two provinces, I think the turks were beginning their drive into northern Africa and Eastern Europe.

Anybody else think the Ottoman Turks had the coolest empire ever?