PDA

View Full Version : ooo sweet temple

Sam Adams
01-12-2005, 09:47
its 90 BC and im finishing off the jullii, im the scipii.

they took all of gaul and germania and somewhere up there I found a huge temple that is giving out a +5 experience bonus. mmm urban cohorts that start with 2 silver chevrons.

how did that get developed I wonder?

Sinner
01-12-2005, 10:32
The Gauls and Spanish can both build Temples of Epona - a horse goddess - taking them up to Sacred Circle/Large Temple level. And Roman faction can upgrade a Sacred Circle of Epona to an Awesome Temple and then a Pantheon, however they cannot upgrade the lower level Shrine or Sacred Grove.

This quirk makes it worthwhile to always check what temple is being built in Gallic and Spanish settlements, using a spy if necessary, before capturing them: if there's a different temple or a Sacred Circle of Epona, then attack; if there's a Shrine or Scared Grove then leave the city alone.

I occasionally give both factions money so that they have enough to build as well as produce troops. My latest idea to try is to take a settlement that has a Shrine or Sacred Grove of Epona, build it up so that everything the Gauls/Spanish could also build has been done, then let them recapture the settlement so that the only thing available for them to build is the temple of Epona, hopefully guaranteeing that they'll do so.

Ar7
01-12-2005, 10:39
Hmm sounds interesting....though a bit cheezy ~D

Sam Adams
01-12-2005, 11:01
hmmm, nice to know.

thanks.

Kraxis
01-12-2005, 15:26
Isn't there another sort of temple that they can build that the Romans can take over? I seem to remember one such.

Sinner
01-12-2005, 15:50
The Romans, and any other faction for that matter, can take over any other faction's temple that is of the same type. For example, the Egyptian's Temple of Horus and Scipii's Temple of Saturn are both Law temples, so either faction could capture the others temple and upgrade it to the next level as if they'd built it in the first place.

The Temple of Epona, one of the two types of Horse temple, is the only one where a faction can build the higher levels without the ability to build the lower levels.

Kraxis
01-12-2005, 15:59
The Romans, and any other faction for that matter, can take over any other faction's temple that is of the same type. For example, the Egyptian's Temple of Horus and Scipii's Temple of Saturn are both Law temples, so either faction could capture the others temple and upgrade it to the next level as if they'd built it in the first place.

The Temple of Epona, one of the two types of Horse temple, is the only one where a faction can build the higher levels without the ability to build the lower levels.
You know what I mean... Of course I know that templetypes that match can be expanded on. But I mean the two interesting ones, like Epona. I just thought I had read about another temple that could be 'imported' into my culture.

Es Arkajae
01-12-2005, 16:04
Damn, I'm going to have to try this!

Does one get ancillaries from this temple?, or traits also?

Biggus Diccus
01-12-2005, 18:02
Both the Gaul and Spanish have this type of temple:

Traits to be gained:
Good Cavalry Commander
Bad Infantry Commander

And I think you have to be Gaul to get the priest ancillary, but it's not that useful anyway (+2 cavalry command)