PDA

View Full Version : Shogun Total War Clan Activity

Drisos
01-12-2005, 12:10
Hi everyone, there probably are clans for playing shogun online, who here is in one and can tell me about it?

:gossip: :medievalcheers: ~:cheers:

Togakure
01-12-2005, 13:25
Well m8, the clans that are into Shogun are few and far between these days, but there are still some players from clans that enjoy playing from time to time. When they do, it's on the Fakeserver that TosaInu hosts.

Something you may want to consider is the Shogun Mod for Medieval Total War - Viking Invasion that has been in the works for a while now. They've modded MTW/VI to look and feel like the original Shogun, and my understanding is that they are going to have some kind of multiplayer campaign using it. You would need a copy of MTW/VI, and then you'd need to download and install the mod. Check the MTW area of this forum for more information about it.

If you are interested in chatting with clans that still occasionally play Shogun, check out the Aggony Clan and 7Bear7. Clan Shinkage was active up until the closing of the official server, but I haven't seen any activity with them in a long time. I think a few Clan Takiyama members still play occasionally. All of these are active in the MTW MP community, and some are playing Rome now too. Here are some links to their forums:

Aggony Clan (http://pub73.ezboard.com/bbrotherhoodofaggony)
7Bear7 Clan (http://b1.ezboard.com/b7bear7)
Clan Takiyama (http://www.tosainu.demon.nl/homepage/ClanMain.html)

I hope this information is helpful. If there are other clans that still play Shogun which I haven't listed, maybe a member will chime in and let you know about them. Good luck.

Drisos
01-13-2005, 10:23
when i looked at the clan's sites, it seemed that they were only giving eachother advice, isn't there any clan that play's MP campaign's as a team?

most clans seem to be only playing MTW and RTW as you said, but there were a few clans that seemed to be playing shogun sometimes too. (i only have shogun :embarassed: i'm not that good in finding downloads :embarassed: :embarassed: )

thank's for the information and see you on the forum! :bow: :bow:

Togakure
01-13-2005, 12:46
Ah, I think I see what you're after. Shogun online consists of battles. There is no official online campaign for any of the TW series. When someone talks about playing a Total War game online, they are talking about having battles against armies controlled by other humans rather than the computer.

On very rare occasions you will see someone put together a campaign that they run themselves. They create a map and rules, put together teams, and then coordinate the campaign moves through the person running the game. Then, if there are battles, they are fought using the online multiplayer environment that everyone uses.

This is what ElmarkofFear is doing. I think you already expressed interest in playing in his campaign. It's a very special opportunity because very few people are willing to do all the work that it takes to run a multiplayer campaign (it's a LOT of work to coordinate). So hopefully you will find what you are looking for when you play with them. Hope you enjoy it. ~:)

P.S. Clan members do team up in pairs and trios and fight battles together. They also offer battle training to new recruits. Joining a clan is a great way to improve your skills on the battlefield, as even an average human player fights WAY better than the computer AI. Clans don't have much at all to do with the campaign part of the game, but if you are into the battles, that's where they specialize.

Drisos
01-17-2005, 12:41
Yes i'm going to join elmarkofear's campaign! ~:cool:

how do clan members fight in trio's, i mean, are three people leading the same army?? :stunned:

i would like it to be in a clan(raise my level!) but i'm not sure, maybe it takes too much time ~;) , i first got to know more about that!

bye ~:cheers:

Togakure
01-17-2005, 15:36
Well, first I have to correct myself--I just read that if Elmark's campaign happens, battles will likely be AI vs. AI. This means that it will not involve online battles with other people. Best thing is to check with him directly as I only know what I've read here.

In online multiplayer battles there can be up to 4 armies on each side (4 armies attacking and 4 armies defending). This kind of battle is called a 4v4. Each army is controlled by a human player, so in this situation there are 8 players in the battle. Since each player's army can (and usually does) have 16 units in it, that means that a typical 4v4 has 128 units in it (60 men in a unit, which means 7680 men on the battlefield at once!).

You don't see 4v4s that often because they tend to lag--the battle runs very, very slow. 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 battles are very common though, and generally run fast enough to be quite fun. Clan members play together by teaming up as attackers or defenders in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 battle. They also practice against each other in 1v1s. Clan members tend to play better as a team than ronin do (players not in clans), because they practice together and know how each member of the team plays.

This tends to be the case for MTW-VI too. Now, most veteran online generals play MTW-VI--the official Shogun server is shut down, and Rome has a lot of problems with MP right now. 4v4 battles are more common in MTW-VI than they were in Shogun (at least, for the last year and a half since I've been here).

Some clans will get annoyed if you join and then don't play online very much, but most are pretty casual about it. They do tend to like it when you try to play online at least once a week or so. They tend to want players who are somewhat serious about developing their skills--both as an individual and as a team player. But most of all, they want players who are polite, are good sports, and know how to have fun.

Drisos
01-19-2005, 14:47
elmarks campaign is gonna happen( i hope ~;) ), i knew it was going to be like that(AI vs. AI) but still, i'm on the list for joining(i would problably be outclassed if it was online played! :embarassed: )

i've had sometimes 2 vs. 1 in a SP campaign, that was very cool.
after three months of playing i'm still at normal(my level is ~) , i've got to find a way to improve my skills, a clan would be helpful in that! ~;)

bye :bow: :bow: