PDA

View Full Version : ultimate assasins choice

master of the puppets
01-12-2005, 13:14
ok this is not so much a thread about RTW as a discussion of ancient times itself.

if you could go back in time to and you could assasinate a single person who would it be?
i guess my top choice would be Constantine, he move the capital to constantinople utterly dooming rome itself

second would be the guy (don't know his name) who down graded the entire roman army! leather armor, round shields, against the huns they never had a chance.

KiOwA
01-12-2005, 13:42
Augustus Caesar. The fat, egotistical slob almost single-handedly brought the downfall of the Roman Empire by his arrogance alone

Herakleitos
01-12-2005, 13:49
Romulus' and Remus' mother...

No Rome, no problems!

~;)

Somebody Else
01-12-2005, 16:42
Jesus. Before he got famous. (If he even existed that is)

*edit*

Make that Abraham.

doc_bean
01-12-2005, 18:06
Augustus Caesar. The fat, egotistical slob almost single-handedly brought the downfall of the Roman Empire by his arrogance alone

Do you mean the first Augustus (the first emperor of Rome, ruler right after JG Caesar ?)

I think he helped keep it together, without him the empire would have probably fallen into two or three parts.

Of course, I would have liked to know how little Caesarion would have fared.

So I vote for (et tu...) Brutus, and the rest of Caesars assasins.

Byzantine Prince
01-12-2005, 18:20

You mean this guy?

http://home.att.net/~g.mccaskey/augustus-stat.JPG

Sinner
01-12-2005, 18:30
It's got to be Publius Quinctilius Varus. The loss of 3 legions and the damage to Roman military prestige was a catastrophic blow... which is what Varus deserves.

Mikeus Caesar
01-12-2005, 19:49
Constantine, he move the capital to constantinople utterly dooming rome itself

But by doing so, he saved the eastern empire to go on for another 1000 years. I think.

Zorn
01-12-2005, 20:19
Pizarro and Cortez for destroying two of the most fascinating empires ever.
But because I have to make one choice and not two, and bacause I think that both could have been replaced by other men, I opt for Christopher Columbus.
Without him, America would have been discovered later - at least some decades, maybe a century.
Maybe this time would have allowed the indos to be prepared for the european onslaugt (though I doubt it, europe ws developing much faster, and there was no way to "prepare" against epedemies those days).

Locklear
01-12-2005, 23:09
Heh, re: Colombus, if you read Pastwatch: Redemption, by Orson Scott Card, it's all about how things could have been different if the American civilizations had been left alone a bit more. Fascinating stuff.

I think my choice would be a tie between Constantine VIII and Zoe (his Aunt). A great series of horrible Byzantine rulers stemmed from those two.

Oaty
01-13-2005, 03:32
And after the assasination you notice yourself slowly dissapearing because you changed history and you were actually never born, so I'd go back in time to asassinate the asassin trying to change history.