PDA

View Full Version : Alliances

turbohacker
01-12-2005, 18:48
Well, there have been a few factions that have offered alliances, some i have accepted, some i have not.

There is a specific faction i want to make an alliance with, how do i do this?

I have sent a diplomat over to them, and the option isnt there. Do i have to send it to thier town, one of thier diplomats or thier faction leader (whom will take ages to locate lol)

Thanks

Didz
01-12-2005, 18:58
The most likely reason that the option to form an alliance is not shown is that the faction concerned is at war with another faction that you are allied to.

You cannot by definition be allied to both sides in a war.

Check you diplomatic report to find out if the faction you are interested in is at war with anyone and if they are check to see if you are already allied to their enemy.

If you are you will need to cancel your alliance with their enemy before you can ally with them.

asearchforreason
01-12-2005, 20:38
Or you could potentially be at war with one of their allies.

AquaLurker
01-13-2005, 08:00
I have the same problem too. I tried to form an alliance with Spain but I couldn't, currently they have no allies but they are at war with Carthage.

Is it possible that if you wipe out a faction that was previously their allies you will never be able to form and alliance with it's former ally ever? You see I destroyed Gaul who were allied to the Spanish a long time ago. I think this could be a bug or something.

chemchok
01-13-2005, 08:06
Yeah, it's happened to me before. And no, I wasn't at war with any of the faction's allies or vice versa. Interesting thought Aqualurker, it happened to long ago for me to remember.

Epistolary Richard
01-13-2005, 12:32
My experience has been the same as the rest: that I can't ally with both sides of a war. But playing as the Julii I managed to ally with both Spain and Carthage (who were at war) and the act of my alliance caused a ceasefire to be declared between both parties.

It started up again shortly after, of course, but has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon?

Herakleitos
01-13-2005, 13:19
I've seen that happening quite often, but I always thought the ceasefire was already signed but you just weren't informed. ~:confused:

Oaty
01-14-2005, 01:13
My experience has been the same as the rest: that I can't ally with both sides of a war. But playing as the Julii I managed to ally with both Spain and Carthage (who were at war) and the act of my alliance caused a ceasefire to be declared between both parties.

It started up again shortly after, of course, but has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon?

Overlooked feature.

To get a ceasefire with the Romans theres only 2 ways, have a diplomat get a ceasefire with all 4 Roman factions or go up to one of the Roman factions and request a ceasefire along with an alliance. An alliance with the Romans is hard but when you do get 1 it forces all other Romans to ceasefire...... just a little warning,it won't last long unless you don't share a border or no longer share a border.

As far as it causing Carthage and Spain to ceasefire I'm thinking that was overlooked but since a Roman faction was involved in the middle of this it allowed this to be (mistakenly) exploited.