PDA

View Full Version : wich is your most favorite faction to butcher

The Stranger
01-12-2005, 20:27
well mine is the romans because they are just so stupid that i can't describe it get killed 50 times on the same bridge with same tacticts with minor/no vs many casualties it is just stupid :charge: :duel: ~:cheers:

jerby
01-12-2005, 20:30
do you mean a faction TO BUTCHER other factions, or factions with wich you GET BUTCHERED?

The_678
01-12-2005, 20:46
Butchering Phalanxes with HA's. Example butchering Greece with Scythia, Selucids with Parthia.

Spino
01-12-2005, 21:05
I love butchering Egypt. I utterly despise its ahistorical units and take great pleasure in sending Yul Brynner... err, Ramses' finest to the afterlife.

aw89
01-12-2005, 22:39
When i started the game I hate the Macedonians for theyr full cav stacks, now i hate the egyptians for theyr extreme archers. theyr almost impossible to beat without a-historical amounts of archers... (VH anyway)

Krusader
01-13-2005, 01:42
Gauls!!

There is just something about them stinking Gauls!!

And Egypt of course...

Red Harvest
01-13-2005, 04:20
I vote Egypt. I'm not quite as upset by the anachronistic New Kingdom Egypt units as some. (I'm willing to accept that this was primarily done for variety since the Successor factions would otherwise all be so similar.) I am however irritated by the very unbalanced way they were implemented. Egypt is an economic powerhouse with oversized units with egregious stat errors in their favor. I suspect this really fouls up autocalc:
--the ironskinned axemen
--the oversized desert cav unit that also has a +4 shield that should be +2
--the oversized bowmen unit
--the Pharoah's guard without shield that get +5 shield bonus
--the overly mobile and lethal chariots

Plus the Pharoah has the most entertaining arrogant way of pushing aside my diplomatic initiatives. ~D

Es Arkajae
01-13-2005, 04:53
Another vote for Egypt here.

The bastards as well as being annoyingly ahistorical almost always finish off the Seleucids before I can get to them, and if I don't get to them soon then they're overrun much of Asia Minor as well. They're too expansive.

What with the Scipii finishing off the Carthaginians so quickly and the Egyptians the Seleucids (and then usually Parthians) I hardly ever get to face enemy elephants in campaign combat~(

AquaLurker
01-13-2005, 05:28
The Brits and Germanians, damn these irritating buggers and their cheap and superiors units! Irritate the hell out of me when I played Gaul, but romans are losers against my Warriors I can kick them around with merely spear warbands.

When playing Julii, I would very much like to kill my rival roman factions and torment the senate and their worthless legions of purple gays boys.

Octavius Julius
01-13-2005, 09:59
I like butchering rebels (primarily because the odds are stacked in my favour).

Other than that...I needlessly butcher any enemy troops within my own borders e.g sending 20 Urban Cohorts to massacre 2 units of Gallic spearmen!

Herakleitos
01-13-2005, 11:02
Any faction which I'm not playing at that moment... ~D

breakfastsausages
01-13-2005, 13:36
The satisfaction of seeing egypt dead is hard to beat. Fighting chariots is just plain depressing if you don't have enough archers. Its the middle of the desert for the love of god where are the trees coming from for all these arrows? I don't know what they had historically but I think they would be alot more interesting with camels as a signiture unit instead of chariots and archers.

Kyniskos
01-13-2005, 14:15
Definitly egyptians. I hate those charriots. And those archers. Love the axemen though. They die easily. ~;)

Shadow
01-13-2005, 14:37
I think mine are the Gauls and of course the Egyptians!!!

Don't know where the stinky gauls get all their warriors where more than half of their cities have less than a thousand population.

The egyptians cities are like a bug's nest after killing almost everyone and within 10 years they are all ready for another round of harvest. ~D

Siris
01-13-2005, 15:02
I'd have to say the Romans, especially the Scippi, & mostly the Brutii.

I had to re-install my RTW so I could play online from a mod I had in there, but before I did that in my previous Greek Campaign, which is when everyone heard so much about my Spartan soliders, I had uterly slaughtered tens of thousands of Romans.

They'd seige my large stone wall cities (cant get Epic's with Greeks), and face hordes of arrow's. If they got in my gate they were slaughtered in a spear formation like this, gate facing upwards, \_/ And they couldnt take my walls. Man was it fun!

Literally, I lost count after 25,000 dead Romans, where did they get all those men! But who cares, they died.

Jullii would be there, but they only dropped one stack one time by Athens, which was met by two family member armies, the one that was Governor of Athens, fought well & died well in battle. The Romans were slaughtered, I can still see their family member General trying for fame being slaughtered by 80 javelins that were thrown directly on him after his entire army was attacked from the front by my Athens Governor's army, and mine from being. Was my most decisive battle yet, even though I lost a General. Not off topic, the Julii lost 2,700 men lol!

The Blind King of Bohemia
01-13-2005, 15:36
I have only had the chance to play Rome during the Christmas period and played a few good campaigns and for some reason i get a great safisfaction when cutting carthage to ribbons especially if they have elephants in there armies and also whipping egypt up side the head is great because there mass armies annoy me to the state of all endurance especially when you try to play as Numidia and try to start a war on them and get your ass handed to you ~:eek:

Zorn
01-13-2005, 16:07
Egypt, for all reasons that red harvest has mentioned.
And then scythia.
Their armies consist of 8 horse archers, 8 normal archers, rounded off by some chosen archers.
I could allways cry when my usually very infantery heavy armies meet a scytic archery force.
I feel like facing a modern days army, being shot in little pieces without ever being able to get in contact with the enemy.
And once you somehow manage to defeat them, you get ridiculously large areas of completly wortless land that is only good for spawning rebels.
Disgusting.

Lichgod
01-13-2005, 16:24
I really enjoy killing Romans as a non-Roman faction. I can expect little to no Cav and no archers. Good butchering.

I get the most satisfaction in ridding the world of Egypt. They went down with a whimper in my Seleucid game. I invaded with 2 large armies and several diplomats. I sieged the two cities with big garrisons and used the diplomats to bribe any field army. Let time wear them down and kill them as they pitifully sallied on the last turn of the siege. They were left with just Cyprus which fell to me soon after.

Sinner
01-13-2005, 16:26
Yup, also got to opt for Egypt, mostly due to their stat errors, although personally I wonder if they're errors at all and perhaps instead intentional tweaks for whatever reason. Their ahistorical units are mildly annoying, but it doesn't bother me that much.

The Gauls are next, because they're hairy beyond reason and I can pretend they're the French.

Ar7
01-13-2005, 17:25
Pontus ~D not a great challenge, but definetly fun, eastern infantry charging en-mass and then after 2 seconds of battle a whole 2000 men army running for their lives :dizzy2:

The Stranger
01-13-2005, 17:26
i play with the total realism mod so i dont have the ahistorical units of egypt the archers and axemen/cavalry are largely reduced in power

also i mean to butcher a faction when playing another one

Red Harvest
01-13-2005, 17:48
And then scythia.
Their armies consist of 8 horse archers, 8 normal archers, rounded off by some chosen archers.
I could allways cry when my usually very infantery heavy armies meet a scytic archery force.
I feel like facing a modern days army, being shot in little pieces without ever being able to get in contact with the enemy.
And once you somehow manage to defeat them, you get ridiculously large areas of completly wortless land that is only good for spawning rebels.
Disgusting.

Yes, I've rarely faced Scythia in battle when using a non-horse archer faction. But when I did, it was UGLY! The AI went nuts with the flaming arrows too. I lost the first major battle after a long painful slide show fight (thanks to the stupid AI fire arrows.) I was able to kill all but two units with some very fancy (read that 'desperate') foot work. Can't remember if it was Dacia or Germania that I was using at the time. If Scythia had the economy of Egypt I would have been in big trouble in the campaign.