PDA

View Full Version : I'm being haunted here, by a streaming sound file

Togakure
01-13-2005, 12:56
About a week ago, a bizarre streaming sound file began playing sporadically when I've been browsing here. It ony seems to play when I'm here at the Org.

Basically, it sounds like a heavily reverberated string or choir sound, a four-count suspended 4th resolving into a four-count minor triad, 2nd inversion. It pulses a bit, giving it an odd rhythmic character. I haven't been able to determine what triggers it, though it will often trigger several times in a session.

I kinda like it cuz it's a bit spooky sounding. But now it's becoming annoying ... . Has anyone else been experiencing this??

CBR
01-13-2005, 13:14
Yep noticed it too. Always happens with a certain banner at bottom of the screen..some movie. Cant remember the name now.

Edit: saw it just now. The Village DVD release. But sound didnt come on automatically hmm

CBR

Shadow
01-13-2005, 13:27
Didn't hear a thing ~D

Hosakawa Tito
01-13-2005, 13:45
Don't listen to the voices. ~;)

TosaInu
01-13-2005, 13:54
Not noticed. One of the rotating images in the banner doesn't display for me though, while others do.

Mouzafphaerre
01-13-2005, 18:41
-
As a happy and devout Mozilla user, I hear no sounds. :angel:
-

zhuge
01-13-2005, 19:15
I've gotten it quite a few times too and must say it gets rather irritating after a while. It does seem to be associated with that Village banner. Any chance we could get it removed or replaced with a Village banner without the sound?

Aurelian
01-14-2005, 04:42
I heard it too. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I thought I had a virus.

~:eek:

Togakure
01-14-2005, 16:23
Ah ... yes, as CBR said, the sound is part of the VILLAGE ad banner at the bottom of the page. I never scroll down that far so I wasn't aware of the ads down there. There is an icon in the corner of the ad space (when the VILLAGE ad is showing, anyway) shaped like a speaker, and if you click on it, it mutes the sound.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one hearing strange things.