PDA

View Full Version : Most family members you've ever had?

GFX707
01-13-2005, 15:26
As Carthage I recently had 47. Is that a lot or am I a big n00b?

GFX707
01-14-2005, 03:28
Well I see this is a successful and thriving thread.

HarunTaiwan
01-14-2005, 09:18
I think that's a lot.

Including women and kids, or just Generals?

Delwack
01-14-2005, 10:17
are you talking about dead? alive? overall total?

GFX707
01-14-2005, 13:38
When you click on your faction summary screen, it tells you how many you've got.

Is it really that difficult to understand? Cmon guys try harder

Count Fudgula
01-14-2005, 15:38
GFX707, I'm trying to work out if having too many family members has an adverse affect on the longevity of the senior members of the family.

How many provinces did you have when you had 47 family members?
Did you notice that your oldest generals were dying as soon as they hit 60 (or soon after)?

Cheers

Vanya
01-15-2005, 01:37
GAH!

A long time ago, in a place far, far away... Alabama Vanya thinks...

Vanya stumbled upon an empty field of nothingness. He found the lands uninhabited and empty -- devoid of all life. Vanya wept, for He found no heads to cut off!

So, Vanya reached into His gut and cast out a piece of Himself onto the land. And Vanya found the land to be fertile. And from the fertile land, life sprung from Vanya's flesh. Plants soon covered the barren land. And cows popped out of the sands and started mooing.

And when the morning light reflected off of Vanya's new creation, the heavens parted, and 72 virgins descended from the heavens to pleasure Vanya. And Vanya went forth and populated the lands. But, eventually, the original 72 wives died off. So, Vanya continued to seed the land with His own progeny, thus creating the Great Linear Tree of Vanyan Alabama.

But soon, the people decided they no longer wanted to submit to Vanya's perversions any more. And, to be honest, Vanya too had grown tired of the ever degenerating gene pool. And so Vanya decided to relocate... far North... to the lands they now call West Virginia. But not before going on a good ole fashioned head run!

At one point, Vanya counted every citizen of the once-glorious province of Greater Alabama to be his family members. So many were they that Vanya had to conduct a 10-year census every year just to keep track of them. :dizzy2: And so it was that Alabama came to be what it has become today (though now Vanya's descendants can be counted on a single hand...)

Bear in mind this was long before written history in the Americas... Back when loin cloths were deemed a fashion statement, and wearing such contrite things as "armor" was regarded as a wardrobe malfunction.

GAH!

GFX707
01-15-2005, 17:14
GFX707, I'm trying to work out if having too many family members has an adverse affect on the longevity of the senior members of the family.

How many provinces did you have when you had 47 family members?
Did you notice that your oldest generals were dying as soon as they hit 60 (or soon after)?

Cheers

I think by that stage I had Italy, Spain and my initial African provinces & Mediterranean islands plus most of Numidia's provinces, and yes they seemed to die a bit quicker.

Repus
01-19-2005, 11:23
mid 80's. I rarely use generals in battle so they keep populating my capital. In this particular game I had basically moved my capital 6 times to keep the family offspring from littering the countryside outside of the capital.