PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning of a New Era

Chirotera
02-16-2001, 02:20
As I stated in my last post, I have co-founded a new clan. Below is what we are about, etc. If after reading this list, anyone is interested in joining, please, for now, contact me at Chirotera@aol.com This is a bit long, but I hope you will read your way through it.

The Elements

This is to inform you about the establishment of a new clan to grace Shogun: Total War. It is our belief that this clan is organized in a way not yet known to Shogun. With a lot of patience, the right mix of leadership, and a little hope, this clan could very well become one of the best clans ever formed. Below, is all the information that has gone in to this clan. This information includes the clan name, organization, recruitment policy, formation of a council, and almost any other information you can think of.

The name of this new clan:
The Elements, or Tenki, in Japanese.

Basic Concept of Tenki:
As the name suggests we are based on the elements, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. We will have different divisions of this clan, to represent a particular element, more on this idea shortly.

How we plan to be organized:
As stated above, there will be 4 divisions of this clan. These divisions will, in effect, become their own clan. So say, for instance, we have the element of earth. Those of the clan, who wish to associate themselves with this element, will be one separate clan. They will have their own name on the league ladder, and will be slightly different from the other divisions. They will have their own rules that the other elements will not have. They will elect their own representative, to act as daimyo of their division. They will have their own system for recruitment. They will be encouraged to fight along side the other divisions, but they will probably have a closer bond to those of their own element.

Recruitment policy:
Division leaders will be able to recruit members at their own discretion. Say for instance they want a rookie; they can recruit as many as they want. Say for instance, they recruit a complete jerk, they, have that option also. Again, it is completely up to whomever is currently in charge to recruit whomever they want to.

Opportunities for promotion:
Other than any ranking system that a representative may choose (if they decide to implement a ranking system at all), there will be more opportunities to further yourself in clan Tenki. The Head Councilman will have a close eye on certain members that may excel in their element. If these members continually represent clan Tenki with the highest of honor, loyalty, and bring victory after victory, the Head Councilman may ask them to join his own division. If the member accepts this honor, then the council shall be informed. A vote will take place shortly after, on weather or not the member in question deserves such a promotion. This division, will be known as Meiyo Keishu (honor guard) It will not be listed here what privileges will come from obtaining this highest of honors within the clan. Members, who do manage to get this far, will know what they can do, that they maybe could not do before. Also, members chosen, will no longer be obliged to follow those of their elemental, all of their new orders will come directly from the Head Councilman himself.

In the event of a dishonorable member:
If there is a member within Tenki who seems to be carrying him or herself with extreme dishonor, they will face evaluation. Then, after being evaluated, the council will vote on weather or not the member in question should be allowed to stay in, or, if they are to be kicked out, permanently. More on the ideas of this council, is coming up shortly.

Choosing a clan name:
All members of clan Tenki MUST have the word Tenki in front of their name. Each element will also have a family name that they MUST use. They are as follows:

The Honor Guard (Meiyo Keishu) = Amakazu
Element of Water (Shinsui) = Kakizaki
Element of Air (Ichijin) = Suzuki
Element of Fire (Okibi) = Ikoma
Element of Earth (Shinsui) = Tsuchiya

It is preferred that a member also uses a name that is fitting to their element. For instance, for the fire element, a member could be TenkiInferno Ikoma, or TenkiBlaze Ikoma, and so forth. This is not necessary, but as said, is preferred.

The formation of a council:
There are to be five members of the council. In case you have not guessed it, each division will have it’s own representative. These representatives are the people that serve their element by also being the leader. The fifth member of the council will be the head councilman. The council will make, and see to it that any rules are carried out between the divisions, while also trying to maintain unity for members that belong to different elements. I will have more on the direct responsibilities of each councilman shortly.

The responsibilities of clan members:
Each member will be expected to follow any rules as the council decides. They will also be expected to fight along side those that share their element, but also to seek out members of the other elements, and also fight along side them. Clan members also have the option to choose their councilman. If they have any reason to believe that someone else will be of better service for representing them, then they must seek out the head councilman with a petition to revoke the current status of whoever may currently be in charge. Or if they gave reason to believe that their current representative is bringing dishonor to the clan Tenki, or their elemental division, they must take similar actions.

The responsibilities of a councilman:
Members of the five man council, also act as Daimyo of their elemental division. They will be expected to maintain their division, as they would if they were running any other different clan. They will make the rules, arrange meetings with members of their own division, do all of the recruiting for their division, and ensure their members get along with not only those that share their element, but also, those of different elements. In addition, a councilman will be expected to maintain close contact with the head councilman, and those representing the other elements. If they feel the need to add a new rule, they must first contact and propose this idea to the rest of the council, then, there will be a vote. They have the most important job within the clan, for they must not only know what is going on in the other divisions, and meet with the rest of the council occasionally, but they must also maintain order and honor within their division. If it is apparent by other members of the council, that one representative should not be in place, even if not brought up by petition from clan members, then there shall be a special meeting, and a vote, as to what to do about the current representative. The sole success of their element rests on their shoulders. If they become inactive, or have more failure than seems allowable, they will be up for evaluation, and may be removed. They can also make any changes they wish to the rules, recruitment policy, or anything else in their division, without any restriction. They cannot, however, make changes to the rules, or anything else that exist within another division other than their own. Nor can they propose any changes that they think need to be made of another division. A bit more on this concept is explained in the responsibilities of the head councilman.

The responsibilities of the head councilman:
Perhaps the easiest, but also one of the most important roles in Tenki, is that of the head councilman. It is his duty to ensure that all members of all divisions are represented fairly. He is also responsible for calling together the council for a meeting periodically, to discuss clan matters. He may also recruit those not of the clan, but can not allow them in to his Meiyo Keishu. He can, however, recommend he talk to a particular division leader for enlistment. Only those who have been most loyal to the clan will be approached about joining his honor guard. He serves as a sort of main Daimyo, but the real power of Tenki, comes from its members, and the council that represents them. He is also the only one who can propose anything he wishes to change within a particular division. For instance, if he does not agree with a certain rule, he may propose its destruction to the council. After this proposal, the council will once again hold a vote and choose to go along with the head councilman’s decision, or to reject it and allow things to stay as they are.

ShadowKill
02-16-2001, 13:17
i am just posting because you say you are from GR so i thought i would say hello. you are the only other person i know who play's the game in michigan i was wondering were the other copy went to that was in the store http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif anyway godd luck!

------------------
Clan Shades
Shades (http://www.geocities.com/shadesofshogun/index.html)
You are already dead you just don't know it yet!!
http://www.geocities.com/peacekeeper316/me.jpg

theforce
02-16-2001, 19:16
Nice mate. I like the 4 elements idea. How about a fifth element?! (Milla for ever).
That will give the members some power in the clan making it harder to leave.

Chirotera
02-17-2001, 03:53
Shadowkill,
It's a small after all eh shadow? It's good to see another Michigander around here.. Honor to you!

TheForce,
Not quite sure I understand your suggestion, but thank you for your kind words. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif.

TenkiAmatsu

Minagawa Daimon
02-23-2001, 08:35
Elements..hmmm is it a new geisha house, if so can i order a house special http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
02-27-2001, 04:15
Ok well i'm back. I have decided to give the friendly people of this community another chance. (It was partly my fault anyway) I have read about your idea Chiro and iam interested in joining your grand army.(under a new name this is not needed) If you can get in touch please do iam interested very much it sounds like a great idea.

Chirotera
02-27-2001, 08:35
Toda m8,

Please contact me via e-mail, and I shall update you with additional information. My address is Chirotera@aol.com http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

TenkiAmatsu

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
02-28-2001, 01:56
I shall do