PDA

View Full Version : completly off-topic question for you EB people..

Big_John
01-14-2005, 01:14
i was just wondering what the best mod is for MTW, from a historical-realism perspective? i figure you EB people would be the ones to know. oh, and i mean mods still set in medieval europe. i've read about both the bkb and medmod mods.. are there better ones than either of these? if not, is one of these more accurate and/or fun than the other?

thx in advance :2thumbsup:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
01-14-2005, 01:41
i was just wondering what the best mod is for MTW, from a historical-realism perspective? i figure you EB people would be the ones to know. oh, and i mean mods still set in medieval europe. i've read about both the bkb and medmod mods.. are there better ones than either of these? if not, is one of these more accurate and/or fun than the other?

thx in advance :2thumbsup:That is an easy one. Medieval MOD (MedMOD) by WesW. SuperMOD is good but MedMOD is far more challenging.

Big_John
01-14-2005, 01:54
right-o, i checked out wesw's website.. is he still working on this mod. there are some references to a new version coming in some MTW modding threads.. but he got sick or something? he's better now, right? is medmod final now? i'm DLing it now.
~:cheers:

any second opinions out there?

Callatian
01-14-2005, 13:52
Let me know how it is...I'm courious.

Big_John
01-14-2005, 15:41
hmm, well so far it's pretty sweet. i've played only a little, but all the new units are very cool. i like hte homelands idea.. not sure how historical it is, but it definitely makes the game harder. 100% better than plain VI if you ask me. i wish wesw had modded the viking era too.

noticed a couple of odd things.. saw a muslim rebellion happen in lesser armenia in like 1120, and the rebel unit was an arquebussier (sp?).. gunpowder hadn't been introduced into the game yet.. also, i saw another rebellion appear with like 20 siege units and little else. i don't know, maybe this is a MTW thing, and not a medmod bug.

the splitting of the oceans is odd, i guess it helps the game balance with economy and such. i've only seen a tad, there's a lot of new stuff to discover, give it a try.
~:cheers: