PDA

View Full Version : it's no fun anymore

castle
01-14-2005, 21:34
When I got mtw I played every day, I expected rtw to be even better but I find playing it tedious. The boredom of moving governors to far of locations only to have them back at the capital if they marry into the family. Then there are constant uprisings in places like cordoba and palma even if they have all mod cons and a unbeatable army installed.

Sin Qua Non
01-15-2005, 02:58
I've never played a game that I never grow tired of, even for a little while. In fact, If I were not to grow tired of a game, I may suspect myself of some manner of brain damage. Humans eventually need a bit of a change, and if they don't get that change, they begin to see nothing but the niggling little aspects that bother them. I played RTW for 2 months solid before I took a break. I consider that a pretty good run, especially since I really dug deep into the game. Just cool off until the patch, that might help you get back into the fun of it. I know how you feel though.

As for governor movement, I also get annoyed when my head rabble suppressor gets relocated. And as for unquellable cities, that is a TW standard, and it seems that every installment had a few of those provinces. Oddly, it's one of the more realistic aspects of the game!

Delwack
01-15-2005, 03:13
I usually don't have a problem with "unquellable" cities, as long as the AI doesn't build all those damn farm upgrades first... considering that squalor is also capped I believe at 125%, it can ever get TOO bad, unless it's very very far away from your capitol. Peasent garrisons and a gov with decent influence. I just recently purchased RTW, but I've been playing it almost non-stop (RTW also being my first TW game), which will have to stop this coming tuesday when I get back up to college ^^, but I can see how the little naggling things can get to you at the end. Toward the end of many of my campaigns, I tend to become very reckless, and just not care about a few ( well ok many) of my provences and extra family members as all the nagging little details of managent begin to pile up, making a turn take... well just way too long.

Mountaindew
01-15-2005, 08:56
hmmmm...the most fun is the early-mid game, when there are the most challenges and the riskist moves taken. near the end of the game, when u have a comfortable lead over the other factions, its like...well...im at the top...BORING! it seems that u just cbb (cant be bothered) to do any battles urself, just let the autoresolve do it for you.

usually at the end game, to get rid of the boredom, i usually try to do something wacky, like bribing ALL family members, or hiring elephants, etc...

but, apart from that, RTW is fun to play...when u feel bored, start a new campaign, and try something different every time!