PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 2d/3d artist for new buildings

khelvan
01-14-2005, 22:31
Greetings!

The Europa Barbarorum mod, a TTO project, is in dire need of a 2d/3d artist to create new buildings for us. We have a large number of new buildings that need work; we have descriptions for them and for how we wish them to appear, but no one to do the actual work. We need someone who can do both the work on the strategic map and the battle map, so both 2d and 3d.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you,

-khel

PROMETHEUS
01-15-2005, 15:42
couple of question.... Canwe phisically add new buildings in the game map in city view? I haven't seen any till now ...
then Do we really need to add new buildings now ? Can't we complete the beta without them and concentrate to make them after everything else? So that at least the new game will be available even without this wall to stop the release....

khelvan
01-15-2005, 20:09
Prometheus, I'm not the person to ask about new buildings in the city view. Regardless, we need to find someone to do the work, even if it isn't currently visible. The work will eventually be visible. This is why we continue to do work on new factions and things even though we can't use them currently. We will eventually use them, and it doesn't slow down our current work.

Ailill
01-15-2005, 21:14
Hey there everyone,
Just thought I'd post this since you were asking about adding buildings. Not actually involved with anyone, just browsing around and think your guys work is amazing, so thought I'd toss in a little bit of info for you.

As far as adding buildings into the game physically. From looking around at the files myself, I'm pretty confident that you guys can do it. You just need to modify a lot of the text files. The building enums and what have you.

Below is a snippet from the town_layout.txt file. It just lists out coordinates on the base maps used for each settlement to place the buildings within that context. So based off that youd need to create your models for your building link them to a name for a building and then give it a coordinate on the map. Chances are youll have to remove something to make room. However its possible you could expand the walls or something simialar. Either way, just thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of how you could do it.

"; >>>> start of settlements

Ailill
01-15-2005, 21:16
Sorry, it cut out some of the stuff fromt he file, heres just a bit of the basic form:

building forum and basilica, 50, -44, 90, 0.7
building town floor, 0, 0, 90, 0.6

building siege tower, 200, 200, 90, 0
building ballista, -200, -200, -90, 0

eadingas
01-16-2005, 14:25
Yes, I think it should be possible to add 3d buildings to the city view... but even if we won't know that now, we still need 2d graphics for the building to make them work.
Not to mention we have to remake the temples, and this work should be fairly easy to do.

Sarcasm
02-19-2005, 02:45
By 2d artist do you mean a guy that understands and does textures or a concept artist/industrial arquitect?

eadingas
02-19-2005, 10:06
No, somebody who can do icons and building info pictures.

havenvoordieven
02-19-2005, 18:33
No, somebody who can do icons and building info pictures.
That's just easy. I'd love to do it, and be part of the mod. I have already contacted khelvan on twcenter.net

eadingas
02-19-2005, 19:20
The job also requires lots of imagination, because so far we have very little info on how most new buildings should look like :)

hellenes
02-19-2005, 21:30
Can you just make the 3d building take a VERY hi res screen and voila you got your 2d Info sheet?
Just an idea...

Hellenes

havenvoordieven
02-19-2005, 21:34
I'd like to do it. mail or pm me. I see the 3d isn't a priority; I'll just do something 2d, and when it's time for 3d work I or sombody else can use my picture as a blueprint. and then to make it look better a screenshot can be taken from the high res 3d version..

Sarcasm
02-19-2005, 23:39
LOL.....your location below the avatar cracks me up. ~D

eadingas
02-20-2005, 11:43
OK, PM Khelvan about access to our forums, tell him I sent ya :)