PDA

View Full Version : No challenge? Try this…

dedmoroz
01-15-2005, 13:55
Till now I was playing all my campaigns on VH/VH settings with huge units and found the game too easy and thus boring after a while – I actually never finished long campaign always starting a new one when I became too powerful.

Yesterday I decided to start new campaign (Brutii) and as a basic rule not using Generals with my armies – only captains.
Oh boy, it's like a whole new game now!! I actually started to have difficulties and AI got a decent chance to win, despite its well known stupidity.
You have to try this – use generals only to govern the towns and captains to lead your armies. You can actually play this on normal battle setting because it is already hard.
Your troops tend to rout faster :help: , fighting less efficiently :duel: and since AI almost never uses generals (I am not even talking about good generals :embarassed: ) it a good balance factor for now till we get much anticipated patch.

Kraxis
01-15-2005, 16:29
Hmm... Interesting...
I just tend to do the game slowly, or play the big bad Empire going around beating up armies but not taking the settlements. And of course helping the little guys with money against the big guys (Romans and Egyptians).