PDA

View Full Version : Your Campaign/Victory stories here

King Henry V
01-15-2005, 14:11
Just want to here from what's going on in your campaign or spectalur victories such as an urban cohort massacring an army of barbarians.(But please no things about cavalry butchering peasant)

Blitz
01-15-2005, 15:22
oh, i have one

I was playing as the scipii on N/N difficulty and normal unit setting. So i wanted to attack the Gaul in MAsillia just west of julii. I marched there with my 4 principes (all with silver sword and silver armour) and 2 equites ( bronze sword) and 1 general ( silver sword and silver armour). Total army was 269. As i marched there was a gaul unit with no leader that consist of mostly swordsmen. I forgot how many units there was but they have in total of 917 soldier and they were all just opposite of a bridge. I was hoping to get a bridge battle since it was really easy but it turns out nope. I tought i was in a big trouble and my army are all doomed!.

The Gauls have a very long line and i only have four principes. As they march forward i turn on the fire at will mode. Once they have done those javelin stuff i check and it only did 3% kill of 917.

Seeing that 3 units of gauls was attacking my right flank i dispatch my general and 2 Equites to counter (right now the rest of the gauls attack my principe). Result is that they routed. My General and equites chase and soon i finish them and start to attack the gauls rear flank. Well 3 unit start to rout and so the chain reaction happen and i send my cavalary to finish the rest of the routers :charge:. At the end there was only 26 kills and 10 survivor for the gauls. It was just amazing to see it but i do not have any screen shot though because my PC is not fast enough to do it. It might cause my PC to froze

Mikeus Caesar
01-16-2005, 18:21
My best battle was the one which saved my Greek Empire. It is called The Battle of Corinth:

The year was 233BC, and the once mighty Greek Cities were on their last legs. They only had 4 lands left, with a city in each, Pergamum, Syracuse, Corinth and the proud city of Sparta.
But one year, the evil King Dionysus of Macedon Invaded with two gigantic armies, along with his evil roman ally, the Brutii. Together, they laid siege to the city of Corinth, until they were ready to fight. The valiant men of Corinth all rose to arms, and stood in the streets and on the walls, ready to face the scum of Macedon and Rome. The Romans and Macedonians started advancing on the walls with ladders and siege towers, and digging under the walls with Sapping tunnels. A crazy man who sounded like a cartoon great dane called Scooby-Doo suddenly shouted 'the enemy ladders are at the walls' and 'The enemy towers are at the walls'. The enemy men started pouring onto the walls of Corinth, and our men fought hard, but were pushed back until they were on the streets. But then, due to a major blunder with the evil armies, their sapping tunnels brought down two of their towers whic were piled high with 100's of men. meanwhile, down in the streets, the men were fighting for their lives, until eventually, the enemy got afraid of the giant spears of the hoplites and ran for their lives. Suddenly, the evil King Dionysus rode in, and impaled himself, along with his ally, Augustus. Seeing their leaders dead, the enemys ran for home, leaving the path open for the mighty greek army to conquer Athens, and walk onto victory!!!

Uesugi Kenshin
01-17-2005, 04:49
My best and closest victory ever has never been told to anyone on the forums, it is a great mp bout between me and my friend while networked. He was Sparta and chose all Spartan Hoplites, I was Roman and chose 2 Urban Cohorts and 2 1st cohorts for infantry, upgraded. 2 Praetorian cav, upgraded. 1 general, upgraded. 4 Ballistas, upgraded. And some archers and Hvy Onagers, upgraded.
I was attacking a walless city. He stationed a phalanx or more atr each entrance. I sent my infantry in paired groups to 2 entrances to tie3 up some spartans, I had my cav protect my archers. I sent a group down a street and started firing at him, he marched spartans out and then ran towards my archers, Onagers opened up and decimated the unit, cav finished the job. Then bombarded untuil eventually he charged. I sent units that were out of ammo into the grinder to slow his advance and let the onagers fire more. My general attempted to rally fleeing troops when the last of the archers ran, as he pulled back on the reins and looked skyward to deliver a rousing yell :charge: .....He was nailed directly by a ball of flaming death fired directly from a loyal onager.
The troops kept fleeing...
By this time my infantry had been forced to fight the spartans and were all dead, leaving my adversary to concentrate almost all of his forces on my last small group of soldiers.
Eventually he stormed my balistas and destroyed all but one, 45 or so men were ready to gaurd it with their lives, as the spartans approached the fired a last volley and then were assaulted by 350 phalanxed spartans, I ordered them to abandon their weapon and run around the loathsome spartans. I then had them run down a side street and past five exhausted spartans while taking only one casualty. I took the deserted plaza and positioned my brave balista crewmen on the corner nearest the spartan horde. I waited and saw the spartans growing nearer and nearer, they ran to the point of exhaustion, but in the end after fighting and then running under the beating sun for 3 minutes the spartans collapsed feet from the plaza and were promptly executed by my magnificent balista crewmen.
Thus the Urban Cohort of Sparta was born, recruited only from battle hardened artillerymen of the empire, this cohort is to this day the most dedicated, fierce, skilled, well equipped and lucky fighting force of all the world.
Long Live The Artillery!! ~:cheers:

This is a true story!!

Wurkwurk
01-17-2005, 05:22
My greatest victory was fought today, with me playing the Carthage campaign on vh/vh.

Well, since I've never played Carthage before, my butt was whooped by the Spanish and Julii, losing two provinces. The Scipii took Syracuse (my principal bait against Liblyeaum) and my diplomat report them massing an army of hundreds under their best general and faction leader.
I call together one final army of Carthage in 261 BC, an army that would decide the fate of the empire. If they where to fail, there would be no means left for defense of Carthage, and I would lose.

So an army of five hundred, evenly divided into cavalary (long and round shield) and infantry (Iberian) along with 6 elephants wait in the forest near Liblyeaum to ambush the Scipii army. I thought an ambush was the only way to halt the bad situation I was in.
And the Romans came, with a full (completely) army under Quintus Scipii accompanying a smaller army that beseiged Liblyeaum. Unfortunatley for me, the ambush failed-for both armies :furious3: !!
I was just about to quit the game when I thought, heck, might as well die as a true Carthaginian! (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean). I clicked end turn button, and the Scipii under Quintus attacked my army still in the forest, along with the smaller army besieging Liblyeaum.

I was outnumbered more than 2:3, and it was even worse considering almost all the Romans where Hastati under a competent 6-star general. On the battle map, I chose the highest ground possible, placed my inf. and elephants in the center and cav on the sides-not a unique arrangement at all. I also placed my Numidian mercs. to skirmish close to the Romans.
Thankfully for me, the two forces where WIDELY seperated, with the small army right next to my Numidians. So they marched uphill to my army, losing many to Numidian javelins, but I thought it would be wiser to simply wipe them out instead of poking them.

So I lead all my cav. forward and crush them in a deft blow, right in front of my infantry on a very steep slope. I kill the captain just in time for Quintus Scipio himself to ride up with a small number of cav. to try to fix the situation. I was surprised that the AI was this dumb ~D ...anyways, I sent my 200 cav crashing down to kill him too, just before his main force caught up with me.
So now I killed around 200 of the enemy...but it wasn't over yet. I was surprised at what happened so far-I never thought I could be so sucessfull against a far superior army. I thought hell, might as well send down the Iberians! They charged along with the elephants and the reformed cav...the Scipii broke in an instant. Seriously, the moment the first elephent hit, 700 Hastati broke. It was a blue wave just sweeping the screen, remeniscent of a tsunami (sorry :sweatdrop: ). My cav killed all but nine...

It was AMAZING! From a seemingly unbeatlable situation I crushed the enemy with a casualty ratio of 1:40, all because the stupid faction leader decided to personally 'save the day'. Im also surprised at the amazing speed the Hastati broke up; I thought that Romans could withstand pressure, but they broke like Gauls.

Needless to say, I immediatley took and stormed Messana with the same army I fought the battle with, the army that killed 800 and lost 18. I forever consider myself better than Hannibal, from this day forward ~D

Just look at my sig for proof

The Stranger
01-20-2005, 15:27
oh, i have one

I was playing as the scipii on N/N difficulty and normal unit setting. So i wanted to attack the Gaul in MAsillia just west of julii. I marched there with my 4 principes (all with silver sword and silver armour) and 2 equites ( bronze sword) and 1 general ( silver sword and silver armour). Total army was 269. As i marched there was a gaul unit with no leader that consist of mostly swordsmen. I forgot how many units there was but they have in total of 917 soldier and they were all just opposite of a bridge. I was hoping to get a bridge battle since it was really easy but it turns out nope. I tought i was in a big trouble and my army are all doomed!.

The Gauls have a very long line and i only have four principes. As they march forward i turn on the fire at will mode. Once they have done those javelin stuff i check and it only did 3% kill of 917.

Seeing that 3 units of gauls was attacking my right flank i dispatch my general and 2 Equites to counter (right now the rest of the gauls attack my principe). Result is that they routed. My General and equites chase and soon i finish them and start to attack the gauls rear flank. Well 3 unit start to rout and so the chain reaction happen and i send my cavalary to finish the rest of the routers :charge:. At the end there was only 26 kills and 10 survivor for the gauls. It was just amazing to see it but i do not have any screen shot though because my PC is not fast enough to do it. It might cause my PC to froze

the survivor calc doesnt work well it only counts the enemies on the map
if they already routed of the map they are not displayed so probably there were more but to be sure you can do the start army minus the casualties you inflicted and you'll get a fairly good vision the dont show the amount killed by own fire