PDA

View Full Version : BKB - Jewish Master Merchant

Alexandr III. Biges
01-15-2005, 17:39
Hi, what's this unit good for? Apart from some spying, which could do any priest as well. It says "Accumulating wealth", but I'v not noticed more cash for imperial coffers :-/ Thanks

The Blind King of Bohemia
01-15-2005, 18:03
You probably would have been better off posting this in the actual BKB Super Mod thread. DJ, if you're reading this, am I allowed to move it?

Its confession time - they don't really do anything. Their unique purpose is to spread Judaism. I really wanted them to bring more revenue in but they don't. And once I'd done all the work on them, I really wanted to integrate them somehow. I'm really sorry. But at least you get money from building a Synagogue!

Don't hurt me! :hide:

IrishMike
01-15-2005, 18:18
Hmm..... then how could I explain after building a jewish master merchant, my profit jumped by 3,000, without me making any new trade routes, farms, or raising taxes. Oh well, I believe in the master merchant.

The Blind King of Bohemia
01-15-2005, 18:27
If you believe in the Master Merchant then I'm sure they will bear fruits. I don't know, maybe they do increase profits, I didn't experiment too much. Perhaps in conjunction with other things they'll work?

Alexandr III. Biges
01-15-2005, 19:11
BKB thread is overfilled, I fear me question would be lost there.
Good idea, but as orthodox I actually don't need them. However, catholics players would be able to use them, as I believe, spreading out another waith decreases catholics zeal :) Btw, should not the unit affect faith instead of zeal?
Synagogue is good :)
If you want likely unit, make Jewish merchant as a ship. Cheap and fast one with nearly nil battle value :) Of course, it would be tied to a synagogue.
Another idea - Jewish master merchant as a "inquisitor". Je would try to convert a person to judaism, would he be successful, the person would step down of his military/politival office of some reason, bla, bla. But it would requiere to change that damned inquisition burning screen and sound :-/ So orthodox could harras catholics :))
Or maybee a spy? Not only spreading unrest, but also another faith :)
Maybee decreasing general zeal and increasing jewish faith together?

You probably would have been better off posting this in the actual BKB Super Mod thread. DJ, if you're reading this, am I allowed to move it?
Its confession time - they don't really do anything. Their unique purpose is to spread Judaism. I really wanted them to bring more revenue in but they don't. And once I'd done all the work on them, I really wanted to integrate them somehow. I'm really sorry. But at least you get money from building a Synagogue!
Don't hurt me! :hide: